Chief Financial Officer
- Posted: over a month ago
Position Summary: The CFO shall be responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the organization and making decisions on the organization’s finances. This includes monitoring cash flow, profitability and forecasting for the company’s expected rates of return along units and corporation wide. The position also reviews weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial reports, identifying investment opportunities and implement financial initiatives company-wide. Use their experience in financial planning to increase shareholder value. The CFO meets with the President and CEO to discuss practices for the company’s finances as well as creating strategic financial plans to improve the company’s overall financial health.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Oversees and holds authority, of the organizations financial structure, ensuring adequate and sound funding for the mission and goals of the organization
- Manages all financial leadership and staff including Controller, Treasury and Accounting.
- Works directly with Company’s financial partners and lenders on credit facilities, investments, and savings
- Approves financial contracts, actively assisting with negotiations incorporating total financial risk
- Directs financial planning incorporating all relevant financial and operational impacts
- Works with Accounting and Audit consulting firm on annual audit, share price and financial planning
- Working knowledge of GAAP, FAR, including relevant accounting guidelines
- Work with direct and indirect allocation procedures including job costing complaint with DCAA procedures
- Directs tax planning strategies across federal, over twenty states and two US territories jurisdictions
- Directs the preparation of financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports for company and applicable Joint Ventures
- Prepares and reviews forecasts along business units, multiple joint ventures, and corporate consolidations to actual and budget to actual expenses; makes or oversees proposed adjustments to future forecasts and budgets.
- Reviews planning process and suggests improvements to current accounting and financial methods and procedures; Provides financial reporting for the President, CEO, Executive Chairman, Audit Committee and Board of Directors
- Works directly with and provides relevant reports and materials to the Audit Committee
- Travel required
- Complete all required compliance training on an annual basis
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies: Dependable, self-directed, goal-oriented, ability to effectively communicate complex information, Consulting industry knowledge preferred.
Education and experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance along with 7-10 relevant senior financial management experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Rising Phoenix Holdings Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Tidal Basin