Junior Business Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
In this role you will be responsible for the day-to-day analytics and reporting surrounding the Business Development vertical of the business. The Business Development team works directly with sports teams, venues, promoters and artists to secure unique live event inventory for distribution to consumer-facing marketplaces like StubHub.
The incumbent will work with the Chief Strategy Officer and Director of Analytics to accommodate the business needs for Business Development clients to include (but not limited to) pricing inventory, generating reports and client management.
The incumbent is also responsible for staying abreast to industry best practices and implementing them within the department. Other responsibilities include statistical research, data hygiene, and business development assistance.
- Develop processes to increase data and statistical efficiencies including, but not limited to data cleaning, analysis, and reporting
- Interpret and analyze data utilizing statistical and research techniques to provide reports for departments throughout the company
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends within data sets and create benchmark reports
- Assist in the creation of presentations and reports for Business Development
- Acquire data from primary or secondary sources and maintain internal data sources
- Conduct external primary market research studies when necessary and constantly review secondary research and published data
- Is proficient and understands the primary and secondary ticket industry, and follows all office and company standard operating procedures
- Ensure Business Development related events are successful in an effort to generate new business opportunities and client referrals
- Achieves and exceeds a yearly personal sales goal set by the Chief Strategy Officer
- Facilitate proper communication and reporting for all business lines
- Assist the Business Development department in the creation of service materials, including brochures, flyers, and all other support materials
- Participate in sales meetings, as well as “one-on-one” meetings with department staff to ensure all are accountable and pacing toward their team and individual goals
- Creatively strives for the next “big idea” to assist the organization in achieving sales goals
- Tactfully participates in the resolution of Business Development issues as they arise, to include follow-up as appropriate
- Participate in special projects/project team(s), or other duties as assigned
- Strong knowledge of and experience with statistical analysis and reporting
- Expertise regarding data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of marketing research processes including translating research needs to acceptable methodology through execution and analysis
- Excellent organizational skills with a meticulous attention to detail
- Strong communication skills: must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- A high-level of flexibility, curiosity, and enthusiasm with projects
- Knowledge and understanding of primary and secondary ticket industry
- Possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to comfortably handle high profile situations which may occur simultaneously
- Maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Possess outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Display an interest and ability in serving others as one of the primary functions of their job
- Be a flexible and reliable team player, both within Business Intelligence and within the company as a whole
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus
- Minimum one year of portfolio management, financial analysis and accounting, and/or forecasting
- Minimum one year of data analyst experience, preferably with a professional sports team or agency
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must have statistical analysis experience with SQL and VBA
Benefits for Full-Time Employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
Americans with Disabilities Act
If you are an applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation for disability to participate in the application process at Ticket Evolution, submit the form for Reasonable Accommodation for Participation in Job Application Process to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to submit your request at least 5 business days in advance of the date you need the requested accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Federal EEO laws protect all applicants from discrimination on the following bases: race, color, sex (not limited to conduct, which is sexual in nature, includes pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, transgender status), age (40 and over), religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, retaliation for participating in the EEO process or opposing discrimination.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at time.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?