Chief Facilities Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Purpose: Responsible for the day-to-day coordination of construction projects, general repairs, grounds, and general maintenance work. Also, assist in conducting routine preventative maintenance work.
Maintain and improve facilities and grounds on a 12-acre property with three swimming pools (5 bodies of water), 12k sq. ft. wellness center, outdoor exercise space, 12 tennis, two bocce, and four pickleball courts. Clubhouse with indoor/outdoor dining, administrative offices, and youth playground. Manage building and grounds operations and maintenance staff. Manage relationships with outside service providers, contractors, and vendors. Assist club management in researching, planning, and executing capital projects. Improve the experience for club members.
Duties and Responsibilities: Maintains facilities to TPC standards. Coordinates, oversees, and/or manages new repair and maintenance work assignments performed by in-house staff, technicians, vendors, and contractors in all areas. Responsible for maintenance, hardscaping, landscaping, and all structural elements on TPC grounds. Manages projects, financial plans, and budgets as assigned. Is professional and courteous in all interfaces with members, guests, and vendors.
- Manages in-house maintenance staff and sub-contractors
- Coordinates, oversees, schedules, and executes maintenance, repair, and housekeeping work when needed.
- Prepares, schedules, and executes club-wide preventive maintenance plan
- Organizes schedules and coordinates activities across all departments
- Provides formal supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring to employees
- Manages, supervises, recruits, and provides regular feedback to staff. Responsible for bi-annual reviews of an in-house team and as deemed appropriate for outside vendors or service providers
- Completes work on a timely basis to TPC standards.
- Responsible for facilities inspections, work orders, and reports
- Follows preventive maintenance procedures on all equipment in a timely and thorough manner.
- Maintains the operation of equipment and systems including, but not limited to: compressed air, HVAC, electrical distribution, controls, lighting, grounds, and courts.
- Be a point person for continuous improvement of the systems. Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes. Communicate common failures and suggest corrective actions to eliminate root causes.
- Respond to facility emergencies
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agencies, and company directives as it relates to building operations and practicing safe work habits
- Obtains and reviews price quotes for procuring parts, services, and labor for projects. Negotiates as needed.
- Manages capital projects, including researching, planning, and executing projects
- Prepares budgets and variance reports, with support from the accounting department
- Manages vendor relationships – researches and selects vendors when needed. Trains vendors on work orders and billing procedures when applicable. Ensures vendors complete work on schedule to TPC quality standards.
- Uses work order management, familiar with and utilizes technology-based system(s).
- Special projects as assigned, including Manager on Duty responsibilities as needed.
- Schedules and monitors all contractor assignments communicating progress to the AGM & GM/COO.
- Guides and assists technicians with routine installations, repairs, construction, and equipment replacement for all facilities.
- Identifies repairs needed to plumbing fixtures, furniture, woodwork, electrical system, ventilation system, and building structure requesting assistance from the skilled mechanic for any problems beyond the area of knowledge or expertise.
- Schedules and monitors all contractor assignments communicating progress to the AGM & GM/COO
- Manages inventory purchasing and control
- Responds efficiently to any needs from members, employees, or guests
- Follows and enforces all safety policies and procedures of the Club and Engineering operating systems
- Creates the staff schedule and implements any adjustments to schedules to meet project deadlines
- Works a flexible shift to include nights, weekends, and or holidays
- Complies with departmental and Club policies and procedures
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Tiburon Peninsula Club
1600 Mar West BoulevardBelvedere Tiburon, CA
Get fresh Construction Project Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.