Business Operations & Strategic Finance Manager
- Expired: August 25, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women's healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia's "Whole Woman, Whole Life" care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women's health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger - setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its "whole-woman, whole-life" model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We'll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San Francisco.
We're building a world class team to reimagine women's healthcare. We're an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We're united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Tia is building a culture of excellence - in people, process and product. This is our northstar value;
What is excellence, exactly?
Excellence about constantly elevating yourself, it is the process of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities, and identifying your top potential through constant learning, experimentation and evolution. Excellence is not about achieving perfection, as that insinuates a pinnacle. Instead, in our terms, excellence is about the pursuit of constant improvement. We're looking for people who want to go on that hard journey of constantly setting new personal records, and organizational records.
We practice excellence at Tia by demonstrating the following types of behaviors: We chose (and actively choose) excellence as Tia's highest order value because it crystalizes into one word several behaviors that we hold dear, specifically:
- A drive to constantly improve through experimentation, reflection. and an insatiable growth mindset - said another way, we're energized by the possibility of invention, innovation, and iteration
- Being present in and grateful for the journey - not just the goal line. Perfection is static. Excellence is a process (more on this important distinction below)
- Asking why, then why again - because accepting "this is just the way it is" is not good enough
- Grit & perseverance - a maker mentality that involves "rolling up your sleeves", but also deep care for oneself and for others
- A commitment to uncovering talents to unlock "rock star" potential across every individual
Furthermore, excellence reflects the "bigness" and the "boldness" of Tia's mission and vision - a world in which every woman can achieve optimal health, as defined by herself.
Said another way, Tia's mission is NOT to make healthcare incrementally better for women. Instead, we've intentionally set out to create a fundamentally new paradigm for modern women's healthcare that's truly excellent. We believe that creating a company that operates in a culture of excellence will manifest in our product. Reaching this goal is not an overnight pursuit or a "one and done." We have not and will not "get it right" with the first swing. Rather, this higher order goal is a moving target - one we have not and will not ever fully "achieve." By design, we will never be "done" with this work, but instead, we will be continuously in pursuit of our mission. It is this continuous pursuit - the journey, not the finish line - that truly embodies excellence.
Role: Strategic Finance & Business Operations Manager
Location: This is a fully remote position; any US city
Role: We are looking for a mission-driven, quantitative thinker who is keen on helping drive insights on Tia's business performance. Tia's Finance and Business Operations team works closely with teams across the organization, and helps serve as the glue to elevate performance wins and risks to Tia's leadership team. You will develop a deep understanding of Tia's metric performance, answer critical questions about our business through in depth analytics, and help drive Tia's growth projections.
- 1-3 years of experience in consulting, investment banking, business operations, or as a financial analyst / associate at a fast-paced, high-growth startup
- Clear understanding of meaningful performance metrics, along with how to distill top-level performance into unit economics
- You thrive in ambiguity, yet drive process and structure across an organization
- Meticulous attention to detail - you are able to read financial statements and identify areas where we can drive business strategy
- An independent worker who can run against problems with relatively little direction, knows when and how to escalate effectively and when to triangulate
- Preferably an undergraduate degree in finance, business, accounting, math or economics
- Highly skilled in analytics and financial modeling (familiarity with Excel, SQL, and Tableau preferred)
- Understanding of how financial statements link together, and comfortable building financial models
- Metrics / reporting experience
- Deep understanding of how financial statements link together and ability to recognize abnormal expenditures and balances
Metrics Reporting & Analysis
- Create and iterate on models for Tia's key business drivers- such as membership acquisition, appointment utilization, and revenue. Build easy to understand models that can be provided to team's across the org to understand financial performance.
- Own the entire picture of Tia's business -- evaluate Tia's business targets and our performance against it on an ongoing basis
- Perform ongoing analysis as it pertains to Tia's business metrics, operational shifts, and performance trends
Revenue Strategy and Pricing
- Become an expert on Tia's revenue performance across markets and service lines
- Own Tia's monthly revenue reporting and the corresponding analytics based on revenue performance
- Serve as a strategic partner to drive insights on Tia's revenue strategy across member acquisition and service line utilization
- Evaluate Tia's ongoing costs, serving as a thought partner with Tia's cross functional teams to optimize for costs across the business
- Own corporate and clinic headcount planning, in tight partnership with Tia's People Operations team and Operations team
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 13" Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company's vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Tia
Get fresh Business Finance Partner jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.