Data Architect (REMOTE)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Data Warehouse Architect who will participate in the design of the technical and information architecture for the data warehouse, including all information structures (staging area, data warehouse, data marts, and operational data stores). The Data Warehouse Architect will focus on enterprise-wide data modeling and database design and will create logical and physical data models, mapping logical to physical.
The Architect will coordinate the work of other team members to design, develop, test, monitor, manage, and validate data warehouse activity, including data extraction, transformation, movement, loading, cleansing, and updating processes. The Data Warehouse Architect will coordinate with other Data Warehouse IT stakeholders to ensure overall health and performance of the data warehouse environment and works with end users to translate business questions and requirements into applications that employ the appropriate reporting tools. Additionally, the Architect will assist in monitoring system performance, reliability, availability, and recoverability of the DW environment and assist in the evaluation, selection, testing, and optimization of BI/DW related hardware and software products.
Remote work allowed.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
Required Years of Experience: 7+ of experience with data warehousing and business intelligence and/or large and complex database management systems.
- A successful candidate should also have strong relational and dimensional data modeling and database design skills and have hands-on experience using ETL tools.
- The candidate should possess interviewing, observing, questioning, and analyzing skills and have a working knowledge of model-based development.
- The candidate should be customer-oriented with excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and be comfortable preparing and presenting complex material to audiences of varying backgrounds and areas of expertise.
- A successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to investigate complex business problems, develop effective recommendations, negotiate and/or present solutions, and resolve problems in a highly professional and tactful manner.
- The candidate should be highly organized and able to set priorities effectively.
- SQL Server and T-SQL expertise
- VA or other Federal Government experience required
- Agile development management experience
- JIRA/Azure DevOps experience
- Healthcare data experience required
- VA Vista/Millennium/CDW experience
- Microsoft reporting tools (SSRS, PowerBI) experience
- Vista, and Iris/Cache/Mumps experience is preferred
- Preference for person with current VA network access and Tier 3 Public Trust
- Certifications on multiple cloud platforms (Salesforce, Dynamics 365, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Experience working in agile development scenarios
- Knowledge of API and other integration technologies and standards
TechnologyView all jobs at ThunderYard