- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
THUNDER | JOB DESCRIPTION
Principal Technical Architect - Location: Remote US
At Thunder, we're building a different kind of Salesforce shop: we're people who love Salesforce and want our customers to love it as well. Our Technical Architects build great solutions on Salesforce, but also show our customers how they can love this platform like we do.
Here's your chance to help define how technical architecture can be delivered differently.
We're looking for much more than a "Senior Dev" - Thunder is fast becoming known for our culture of innovation. We want you to
- Help us work smarter, not harder, by building out assets and accelerators,
- Help define our corporate standards and SOPs, and
- Build, lead, and mentor our Thunder technical community.
Thunder's Technical Architect leads and collaborates with our customers' technology and business stakeholders to develop a scalable Salesforce architecture, vision and strategy that enables business outcomes.
You hold ultimate responsibility for the vision, and ultimate technical design of any integration or application development, as well as technology selection and development methodology. In this role, you'll deliver and/or govern the execution of development deliverables.
Our Ideal TA candidate will share their expertise and industry perspective on leading technology practices within the Salesforce ecosystem, bringing depth in designing and developing software components, as well as complex data modeling and integrations.
Technical skillset should include Service-Oriented Architecture, as well practical, recent engagement with Lightning Components and Flows, Salesforce.com configurations, Apex classes, APEX Web services, API, and AppExchange deployment.
Roles + Responsibilities
Reporting into Head of Delivery, this Technical Architect will use Salesforce/Apex, Force, Visualforce and J2EE technologies to create + deliver CRM and workflow solutions in a timely, accurate fashion.
TA is responsible for application design, development and support of Salesforce-related projects. Ideal candidates will demonstrate progressive leadership in the full lifecycle of the software development environment.
Through the use of UML diagrams, design documentation and best-practice methodologies, you lead the technical journey for Salesforce-related projects from inception through production support. You will ensure that the system accurately meets the defined expectations of the client's business unit, that proper testing is implemented, and performance requirements are closely monitored by working with the development teams.
- Serves as Technical leader for Customer Engagements
- Lead + mentor technical teams/community
- Translates business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platforms and products
- Forecasts detailed estimate on level of effort for proposed solutions, and articulates the benefits and risks to a solution's feasibility and functionality
- Defines the system landscape to identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver a CRM solution
- Design and manage the execution of test plans to ensure a quality solution is delivered
- Remain current on Salesforce product and technical capabilities resulting from product
- Provide expertise during sales efforts to estimate the technical level of effort
- Demonstrate thought leadership through publishing, public speaking and client presentations
- Coach and mentor junior team members
- 4-6+ years' of technical or consulting experience within the Salesforce ecosystem, specifically as an architect, solution engineer, IT consultant or developer in a customer-facing role that provided differentiated software technology solutions.
- 2+ years' experience as a Technical Architect or Technical Consulting Lead
- Expert in custom and managed-package API integrations (RESTful + SOAP)
- Proven implementation using Salesforce Integration Patterns
- Expertise in Data Modeling + Complex Data Migrations
- Active Salesforce certifications and willingness to achieve additional certifications on emerging technologies - examples of certifications:
- Mulesoft Integrations Architect
- Salesforce Certified Application Architect
- Salesforce Certified System Architect
- Salesforce Certified Data Architect
- Sales Cloud Consultant
- Service Cloud Consultant
- Service Cloud Voice
- Field Service Lightning
- Revenue Cloud/Billing/CPQ Specialist
- Amazon Connect Experience preferred
- Vlocity Experience/Certification(s) preferred
Compensation + Benefits
- First Week PTO - Yes, Really - it's what Thunder has become known for! We want you to arrive to your new role refreshed.
- Generous Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life/Disability Insurance - no waiting period
- Stock options in a fast-moving, growth company - all employees have ownership in what we are building
- Flexible Time Off with minimum mandatory time - we expect you to take your vacation!
- Learning + Development Fund for your growth and to keep your Salesforce certs current
- Generous Leave Policies and benefits such as Online Mental Health support to support Employee Wellbeing
- Technology/Home Office Stipend
The Opportunity, Mission + Culture
Our passion at Thunder is helping organizations love Salesforce. We're passionate about customer success, and seek out talent best-suited to provide best-in-class consulting services that we're proud to stake our reputation on: www.thundersf.com
We are building a culture of intellectually curious, solution-oriented teammates who love collaborating with each other to deliver great work for our clients. We aren't afraid to roll up our sleeves to solve problems, and understand that at this stage of a company's life cycle, we're here to build!
Thunder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is deeply committed to continuously improving the diversity of our team, and to inclusive, equitable hiring practices.
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Thunder