Part-Time Help Desk Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Thunder Funding is growing and looking for a hands-on Part-Time (20 hours per week) Help Desk Specialist. Thunder Funding was born in the cloud and all our technology exists in the cloud. Our cloud infrastructure enables us to adapt to change quickly.
We are hiring a Part-Time Help Desk Specialist to join our team in Nampa, ID. In this position you will be a hands-on technical support specialist, and a part of the infrastructure team which keeps our systems up and our network secure. If this sounds like a fit for you, please read on!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides Tier 1 & 2 Helpdesk Support for all corporately supported applications.
- Serves as the software train-the-trainer for the Nampa office.
- Supports the planning, testing, implementation, control phases of enhancements projects in Nampa.
- Assist with the management & maintenance of the company’s computer systems & networks.
- Provision & deploy new computers, tablets, mobile phones and other devices to corporate users in Nampa.
- Troubleshoot hardware/software issues and engaging vendor support assistance as needed.
- Assist with corporate VOIP phones (both physical phones & SIP client setup and configuration).
- Assist with the management & maintenance of office and remote user assets (printers, copiers and fax machines).
- Provide feedback to the IT Management team with ways to streamline support for end users and enhance automation of deployment of equipment.
- Keep accurate records for inventory management and perform other data entry related tasks.
- Excellent people skills, patience, and the ability to teach non-technical people how to work with their software and equipment.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Must be an independent learner and thinker.
- Passion for technology, especially in cloud computing and physical hardware.
- Associate degree or equivalent skills required.
- One year experience with troubleshooting and maintaining desktops, networks, and other IT systems
KEY SKILLS SET
- Exceptional customer service.
- Strong problem solving, analysis, and critical thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to complete assignments in an accurate, timely manner within compliance guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of Desktop Computers, PC’s, file system, email, and office Suite.
- Knowledge of Windows and mac OS.
- Scripting experience is a plus.
- Ability to work with computer hardware.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Professional business demeanor with extreme discretion.
- Customer-focused attitude and desire to interface directly with end-users.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to Identify critical issues with ease; and
- Proven ability to be effective and thrive in a fast growth, changing environment.
EQUIPMENT AND APPLICATIONS
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365.
- Salesforce & Hubspot.
- Cadence & Hubtrans.
- Vonage & Five9.
- G-Suite & Google Drive.
- CompTIA A+ certification a plus.
- Google Workspace Administration a plus.
- Sitting at a desk for sometimes long and continuous periods of time.
- Using a keyboard to perform research, and to communicate through written means for sometimes long and continuous periods of time.
- Looking at a computer monitor for sometimes long and continuous periods of time.
- Occasionally working under desks to install or troubleshoot cabling issues.
- Exposure to low to moderate noise level.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs.
Monday-Friday, 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM (20 hours per week)
Face coverings are required indoors for unvaccinated team members.
TechnologyView all jobs at Thunder Funding