Documentation and Compliance Specialist I
- Posted: over a month ago
Thunder Funding is a fast-growing factoring company that provides working capital to trucking businesses of all sizes. We’re a fun team of professionals who like to work hard and play hard. We firmly believe that a solid work-life balance is the key to a happy, healthy, and productive work environment. We like to think Thunder’s laid-back attitude—like our casual dress code (flip flops are welcome), pay-day catered lunches, out of office events and team building activities—reflects that. We are also named a Best Places to Work in San Diego for 2018 & 2022. So, if you're passionate about delivering excellent service, have a strong work ethic, and want to smile at the end of the day, come and join the Thunder Team!
The Documentation and Compliance Specialist I will provide administrative support to the Documentation and Compliance team at Thunder Funding. This individual will be an important member of a team that is responsible for the underwriting, documentation, and compliance of prospective and existing clients. The Documentation and Compliance Specialist I position will require a high degree of organization, attention to detail and initiative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Draft, send, and receive legal contracts without errors.
- Maintain, communicate and follow-up with Operations regarding pending/missing items.
- Monitor missing documentation in Factorsoft and Salesforce CRMs for new clients.
- Manage Company’s prospective and existing client base for judgments, Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)/tax liens, entries and Doing Business As (DBA) registered and that they follow state requirements.
- Ensure carrier authority is compliant.
- Retrieve Business Articles of Incorporation/Organization as directed by underwriting guidelines.
- Certify that client bank info is accurate and matching to client's legal name.
- Verify Company and its Members are not involved with fraud or related crimes.
- Use LexisNexis to run background searches on Companies and Members.
- Assist customers setup Electronic Funds Source (EFS) fuel card account and other partner discounts.
- Request, organize and store additional documentation when needed.
- Contribute to process refinement.
- Contribute to the growth of the department as needed.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Associate degree or equivalent skills and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in administrative duties or supporting a high-volume work environment.
- Previous Documentation and Compliance experience preferred.
- Spanish Speaking is a plus, but not required.
- Factoring Experience is a plus, but not required.
- Experience in transportation industry or financial services a plus, but not required.
KEY SKILLS SET (COMPETENCIES)
- Demonstrate initiative and be able to work independently and as part of the team.
- Solid planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent professional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong work ethic with a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to complete assignments in an accurate, timely manner within compliance guidelines.
- Possess confidence, tact, and a persuasive manner with team members and customers.
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Must be comfortable with change and contribute to the growth of the department as needed.
- Have superior skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must type at least a minimum of 50 WPM.
- 10-key by touch.
SCHEDULE HIRING FOR:
Full Time, Monday - Friday 8:00AM-4:30PM
Initial training in office is required for at least the first 2 to 4 weeks upon hire. Offering flexible schedule after training which include Hybrid, Work from Home, or In-office.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?