Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
- Expired: June 21, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Thrive Restaurant Group is a family-owned hospitality company that’s been in business for over 50 years, and we’re looking for the next member of our family. We are committed to making a difference in the lives of the people we serve and the communities in which we live. If you want to work in a dynamic atmosphere and are interested in learning business, leadership, and hospitality, this is the place for you.
Invitation: To make a difference by loving people through the day-to-day administration of critical payroll, accounting and business compliance tasks and processes. As the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator you’ll work closely with the Accounting and People Experience teams to ensure the timely and accurate execution of foundational processes and activities that keep our people paid, our partners paid, and our businesses in good standing with federal, state and local requirements. This is a highly relational and detail oriented role that will work cross functionally to not only execute administrative processes but to help improve the efficiency of our administrative processes as well.
Key Activities Include:
- Receive mail and load to the appropriate system(s) or team member(s)
- Upload garnishments to ADP
- Sort and upload invoices to the accounting system by entity (map expenses as needed)
- Respond to agencies by completing paperwork for team member information, such as NMSN, benefit verifications, subpoenas, and on behalf of the company such as state notices, subpoenas, and various quarterly filings (verify accuracy if done by 3rd party)
- Prepare and complete necessary tasks to facilitate bi-weekly payroll
- Communicate with the Operations team regarding payroll corrections, adjustments, and issues
- Execute bi-weekly payroll, as needed
- Facilitate the payment of direct deposit refunds or garnishment refunds
- Make payroll journal entries, and fund both payroll and insurance accounts
- Administer, manage, and audit the Benefit, FMLA, LOA, and Worker’s Compensation leave processes
- Collaborate with Payroll and Operations teams to ensure compliance and effective return to work management
- Conduct monthly benefits accounts reconciliations and facilitate the arrears payment process
- Update and maintain employee records within the HRIS system, ADP Workforce Now, and timekeeping systems
- Review and compare data files between systems to ensure accuracy of information
- Participate in, and contribute to process and experience improvement projects with the pX Team and Accounting
- Work with the pX Team, and Accounting to identify process improvements, and projects that can create additional value in this role
We’re Looking for Someone Who:
- Expresses an interest in growing their knowledge and responsibility in an organization
- Demonstrates a high-level of emotional intelligence and the ability to build relationships
- Shows an interest in learning and working in various parts of the business
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the company
- Exhibits an excellent organizational skill-set and extreme attention to detail
- Displays and ability to manage multiple projects with a focus a priorities and impact
- Possesses proficient computer skills, learns technology solutions and software quickly, and is considered to be tech savvy.
- 1-2 years of payroll and benefits experience
- Human Resources degree, APA certification, or SHRM certification is cool
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, along with Google Suite is desired
- ADP Workforce Now experience is a plus
Thrive Restaurant Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Thrive Restaurant Group
1877 N Rock Road (316) 683-2611Wichita, KS
BusinessView all jobs at Thrive Restaurant Group