Host / Hostess
Thrive Restaurant Group Mason City, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
Thrive Restaurant Group is a family-owned restaurant company that’s been in business for over 50 years, and we’re looking for the next member of our family. We are committed to making a difference in the lives of the people we serve and the communities in which we live. If you want to work in a fun family atmosphere and are interested in learning business, leadership, and hospitality, this is the place for you.
In Applebee’s, we’re known as Legacy Apple. Applebee’s has become synonymous with the neighborhood, which inspires us to be a good neighbor in the communities we serve, not just a great place to eat. Whether we’re helping save a high school prom, or raising money for children battling cancer, we’ve given over $5 million to strengthen the lives and relationships in our communities. Our guiding value is “Be a Good Neighbor”.
Invitation: To make a difference by loving people with a bright smile. You’ll be responsible for enthusiastically greeting guests as they arrive and depart from the restaurant. You’ll assist guests to their seats and maintain the overall guest flow of the restaurants -- all with a caring sense of hospitality so whether a guest is starting or ending their experience, it’s in a positive way.
Specific Functions and Duties:
- Opens door for guests arriving and departing. (40%*)
- Accommodates any special needs of guests, i.e., boosters, highchairs, disabilities. (35%*)
- Manages the Wait List when the restaurant is full. (10%*)
- Provides guest assistance to servers as needed. (5%*)
- Maintains a clean and organized work area and completes cleaning as assigned. (5%*)
- Invites all guests back for another experience. (5%*).
- A desire to care for others, grow, and learn.
- A positive attitude.
- Reading, writing and verbal communication skills required.
- Mobility required during the entire shift.
- Transports and carries objects (such as high-chair) up to 15 pounds up to 15
- times a shift.
- Ability to wipe down table tops, table legs, pick up debris off the floor and wipe down booth seats in all areas of the restaurant.
There are physical demands that come with this role. To be successful in this role you’ll be regularly required to 1) navigate throughout the restaurant and communicate with guests, 2) move and grasp items up to five pounds, 3) occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, 4) bend and stoop. You must have adequate vision to be able to discern cleanliness throughout the restaurant and operate a touchscreen. To perform these essential functions, reasonable accommodations may be made if you have disabilities.
Thrive Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tennessee locations use E-Verify per state requirements.
In this role you are paid the tip credit minimum wage, plus tips. This is an average estimate, only, and actual take home pay varies based on availability.
Thrive Restaurant Group
AddressMason City, IA
FoodView all jobs at Thrive Restaurant Group