Thrifty White Pharmacy is seeking out a full-time Store Manager for its Sidney, Montana location to provide involved leadership and day-to-day direction needed to create and maintain an environment of exceptional service, sales growth, maximum gross margin levels and productive efficiency within Thrifty White Stores core pharmacy business in the most professional manner, while adhering to all company policies and procedures.
Some of the primary responsibilities include:
- Follows and enforces company standards for customer service by ensuring that all associates assist customers in locating, retrieving merchandise, answering questions and resolving problems.
- Manages store operations, utilizing the financial reporting to ensure the budget is met or exceeded.
- Identifies areas for improvement.
- Implements appropriate action plans and follow-up.
- Implements and follows company strategy to increase store sales, profits, and service levels.
- Understands and assesses company information systems and ensures the proper utilization of this information.
- Oversees the operations and merchandising standards in all departments. Identifies operational/merchandising needs on a daily basis; utilizes the Daily Management Objective system; assigns work tasks to associates; and ensures their completion.
- Ensures adequate merchandising of seasonal, ad and basic merchandise.
- Maintains a balanced inventory to ensure the store is stocked correctly for current and future sales.
- Maintains seasonal records for forecasting future merchandise needs leads, directs, coaches, and assists associates throughout the store in performing their duties.
- Identifies and implements strategies for controlling expenses.
- Returns outdated or unsalable product.
- Oversees process of ordering and stocking of shelves.
- Prepares the store for the annual physical inventory ensuring all stock is priced and ready for calculation.
- Provides a pleasant, clean, neat, and efficient store.
- Trains and continually works with all associates to always improve their job performance and service to the customer.
- Identifies disciplinary situations and carries out disciplinary procedures.
- Utilizes the labor scheduling system to properly staff the store.
- Trains and develops all associates in specific store functions, policies, procedures, and new technology using the materials provided by the company.
- Conducts interviews, checks references, administers employment testing and makes hiring decisions. Assists in pharmacy staffing.
The physical demands described here are representable of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position may include long periods of standing. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is also frequently required: to talk and hear, use hands and fingers, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and to reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, management, sales or marketing is preferred.
- Experience in sales and marketing is preferred.
- Requires at least two years’ management experience in a similar position requiring supervision of other employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public in sales situations.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and deal successfully with difficult customers.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees and supervisors.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply the information contained in company manuals, policies, and practices relating to store operations.
- Ability to adapt to new technology and be proficient in its operation.
- Availability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
We offer competitive wages, medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays and vacations, and a store discount for you and your family.
Pharmacy Innovator of the Year by Drug Store News
Thrifty White Pharmacy