Specialty Pharmacy Technician - FT
Thrifty White Pharmacy is seeking a Pharmacy Technician in Plymouth, MN who wants to expand their career with an advanced position within our growing Specialty Pharmacy team. As a Specialty Pharmacy Technician you will assist patients in the management of their complex disease states by providing ongoing support and care to help them achieve healthier outcomes.
A few of the primary responsibilities include:
- Providing excellent customer service to patients by explaining our specialty services and onboarding them into our pharmacy.
- Performing benefits investigation and coordinating prior authorizations by communicating with provider offices, health plans, and claims processors.
- Troubleshooting and resolving billing rejections and helping the patient understand their insurance coverage.
- Experience with insurance and billing is a plus!
- Facilitating financial assistance by screening patients for eligibility and obtaining supporting documentation.
- Providing ongoing support to enrolled patients by performing adherence checks and refill reminders.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely fulfillment of prescription orders.
Specialty prescriptions require a high level of care. The applicant should possess excellent customer service skills and attention to detail. Candidates must also be able to learn and implement new and changing technologies on an ongoing basis and maintain flexibility. Good attendance and punctuality is required in order to fulfill the essential job functions.
The Specialty Pharmacy is open M-F 8am - 7pm and Saturdays 8am-4pm (CLOSED SUNDAYS!). Candidates are required to work one closing shift (10:30am - 7pm) per week and every 5th Saturday.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representable of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position may include long periods of standing. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is also frequently required: to talk and hear, use hands and fingers, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and to reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Applicant should possess excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, the ability to maintain patient confidentiality, and be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent, and currently be or willing to become a certified pharmacy technician registered with the State Board of Pharmacy.
We offer competitive wages, medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays and vacations, and a store discount for you and your family.
Thrifty White Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pharmacy Innovator of the Year by Drug Store News