ND Pharmacy Technician-in-Training - 061 Specialty/HUB
ND Pharmacy Tech-in-Training
Thrifty White Pharmacy is seeking a Pharmacy Technician-in-Training in #061 Fargo, North Dakota to start/grow their pharmacy career. Completion of Thrifty White Pharmacy's Training Program (ASHP/ACPE Accredited) is required, along with all registration, licensing, and certification requirements according to the North Dakota Board of Pharmacy. The training program consists of 400.5 total hours; 271.25 of these hours are completed at the pharmacy as paid time. The remaining 129.25 hours are unpaid and are to be completed online. Candidates must be willing to commit to completing the program within 9 months of the enrollment date.
Primary Objective: To assist in filling carded medication and maintain care for the long term care facilities serviced by Thrifty White Drug.
- Provides carded medication and support to local stores.
- Responds to all inquiries from local stores and refers, when necessary, to the right person.
- Answers the telephone and handles questions that do not require a pharmacist's expertise or judgment.
- Works on 2nd checks if necessary
- Accurately package drugs into various package systems (EZ-Pack, 28 day, Calendar). Which will include manually packing and MTS machines.
- Ability to work on KP stations
- Maintains neat, organized work areas to ensure accurate filling of prescriptions.
- Performs housekeeping duties within the pharmacy department.
- Ensures work areas cleaned and swept daily.
- Follows all company polices relating to loss prevention and security procedures.
- Performs other duties as appropriate during slow times in the pharmacy, e.g. keeping pharmacy department supplied such as cleaning supplies, cards and blisters, emptying garbage and recycling bins.
- Develops knowledge of JITI system and maintains its accuracy.
- Helps to utilize drug stock and manage expiring medications accordingly.
- Proper scanning of work orders to ensure proper filling through the OSR.
- Understanding the process of how scripts are processed through the store, e.g. billing and processing the homes, sending through OSR, 2nds, and maintenance of filling cards.
- Prepping and properly dispersing medications to various filling stations.
- Maintains a well-groomed personal appearance in accordance with company guidelines to present a professional image of the store. (Review the dress code policy)
- Receives, unpacks and checks merchandise to verify all merchandise is received and in acceptable condition.
- Ensures all invoices and/or packing slips are returned to the proper location.
- Ensure all merchandise entering or leaving the store is recorded in the JITI or POS system.
- Checks in and labels all pharmaceuticals received within a designated area inside the pharmacy.
- Correctly updates JITI for any product coming in or leaving the pharmacy.
- Ensures that a vendor claim is processed for any Rx shortage.
- Ensures all merchandise entering or leaving the store is recorded on the data entry Electronic Receiving Book on the intranet.
- Correctly processes all returns for the pharmacy.
- Able to learn and implement new and changing technologies on an ongoing basis.
- Able to maintain flexibility in new or changing work roles and the modification of job responsibilities as required.
- Willing to help anywhere in the store or nearby locations as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of business math required.
- Communications or public relations courses are helpful.
- Prefer one year experience in a similar position requiring sales and customer service skills.
- Completion of pharmacy technician school desirable.
- ND - Must be registered by the state or complete the PTCB certification process.
- Understands maintenance of license and proper continuing education (CE) requirements for appropriate state.
- Ability to read and converse fluently in English.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public in sales situations.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations accurately.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and deal successfully with difficult customers
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees and supervisors
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions. Ability to focus on detail
- Ability to recognize limits of technician and refer to pharmacist when needed.
- Skill in operation of the following tools and equipment; cash register, computer terminal, copy machine, credit card processing equipment, phone, and calculator.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when needed.
- Ability to travel occasionally to assist at other TWD locations.
- Good attendance and punctuality is required in order to fulfill the essential job functions.
- Understands correct use of the intranet time clock.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information at all times.
- Willingly aids in cross training of other employees and rotation of duties as directed by the Pharmacy manager.
The physical demands described here are representable of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position involves in-office work and may include long periods of sitting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is also frequently required: to stand, talk and hear, use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. (Review the "Safe Lifting Techniques" policy). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Applicant should possess excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, the ability to maintain patient confidentiality, and currently be or willing to become a certified pharmacy technician registered in the state of MN.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are a pharmacy chain fully owned by our employees. We are committed to the communities we serve and believe that our services and products must exceed the expectations of our customers. Our mission is to be the best pharmacy in every community we serve. At heart, Thrifty White is a patient-focused, technology-enabled, health care services company focused on utilizing patient engagement to improve outcomes and reduce the total cost of care.
Partner with Thrifty White Pharmacy to advance your career and help create healthy outcomes for the members in your community!
Come join the team of employee owners that Minnesota Retails Association Awarded as the "Best Place to Work"
Thrifty White Pharmacy was also named Regional Drug Chain of the Year for 2020!
Thrifty White PharmacyFargo, ND
HealthcareView All Thrifty White Pharmacy Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.