Long Term Care Pharmacy Technician - FT
Thrifty White Pharmacy is seeking a full-time Long Term Care Pharmacy Technician in Rochester, MN to assist the Pharmacy team in processing prescriptions and maintaining the pharmacy department.
A few of the primary responsibilities include:
- Creating and maintaining accurate patient profiles in the computer system, including medication profiles, insurance information, contact information, allergy information, and any other pertinent information.
- Assisting Pharmacists in processing medication orders, receiving payment from insurance carriers, adding cycle filled medications to the proper batches, printing the necessary labels, pulling products to fill the order, scanning NDCs to eliminate dispensing errors and receiving authorization from the Pharmacist to continue filling when the system identifies allergy or interaction information.
- Communicating with insurance carrier to obtain payment for prescription claim rejections and underpayments as necessary.
- Communicating with prescribers and their agents to obtain refill authorization, prior authorizations, and completing necessary documentation follow-up.
- Communicating with long term care facilities' agents to meet and exceed their needs and expectations.
- Assisting the Pharmacist with filling and labeling prescriptions, including the cycle filled medication systems (i.e. 30-day punch cards, 14-day ez packs).
- Assisting in checking in cycle filled medication exchanges from facilities, maintaining accuracy between batch and medication systems.
- Monitoring and maintaining inventory levels, utilizing TWRx's Just In Time Inventory (JITI) management system, adjusting quantities on hand and min/max accordingly, as well as ensuring that all products entering and leaving the pharmacy are recorded in JITI.
- Good attendance and punctuality is required in order to fulfill the essential job functions.
The physical demands described here are representable of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position may include long periods of standing. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is also frequently required: to talk and hear, use hands and fingers, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and to reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Applicant should possess excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, the ability to maintain patient confidentiality, and be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent, and currently be or willing to become a certified pharmacy technician registered in the state of MN.
We offer competitive wages, medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays and vacations, and a store discount for you and your family.
Thrifty White Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pharmacy Innovator of the Year by Drug Store News
Thrifty White Pharmacy