We are seeking Oracle DBA's available for long term contract! This is 100% Remote currently and when everyone goes back, this role will be 100% on site. We are just pending the Client's direction.
This position is 12+ months in length and requires a person with extensive experience in Operations and Applications Oracle Database Administration duties throughout an Enterprise. The candidate is expected to be able to install, create, configure, deploy, backup, patch, tune, monitor, maintain, and support the entire Oracle Database technology stack. Automation experience is a plus. The candidate is expected to have extensive hands on experience tuning Oracle instances and SQL, as well as working closely with application design teams to providing quality assistance and recommendations in all environments from development to production. This position requires 7+ years of experience.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly understand/diagnose/resolve issues, mitigate risks, identify dependencies, work within the existing automation framework/stringent Oracle standards, follow established methods of internal communication, and work exclusively within our ticketing system(Jira).
- Provide DBA expertise to the application design team by reviewing, validating, and enhancing application models, with a focus on efficiency and security.
- Proactively identifies Oracle Instance and SQL Performance improvement opportunities, presents detailed documentation with recommendations (including before and after performance improvements), and follows the established Jira approval process to implement the improvements.
- Solid knowledge of Oracle SQL and schema objects.
- Leverage existing tools, such as OEM and AWR history to make process and performance improvements.
- Provides capacity planning and data archival recommendations, as well as storage management.
- Provides logical and physical database design recommendations as needed.
- Perform data fixes as needed.
- Strong problem diagnosis and resolution skills.
- Investigates backup failures and works independently (or with the storage team as needed) to remedy the situation as quickly as possible to ensure the integrity of the backups.
- Adheres to stringent internal standards for the entire Oracle Database Technology Stack and the automation framework as this is the foundation for consistency and supportability.
- Takes pride/ownership of tasks assigned, works independently to complete the tasks with the primary objective being quality over quantity, and makes frequent progress reports to the project managers who will manage and track the deadlines.
- Able to create shell scripts to automate/streamline processes.
- Works/communicates well under high pressure situations to provide expert Oracle DBA support for the entire Oracle Technology Stack wherever/whenever needed, and works through the issue all the way to completion (or ensures turnover to the next DBA is thorough and completely understood before signing off).
- Contributes to automation enhancements/improvements/additions by practicing forward thinking about how we can reduce hands on DBA activities and replace/re-engineer them with streamlined, error free adaptable automation.
- Experience with upgrading/patching Oracle.
- Solid knowledge of Linux/Solaris OS commands frequently needed by a DBA.
- Participate in periodic Disaster Recover drills.
ThreePDS Inc.At ThreePDS, our mission is to provide the highest quality staffing solutions on contract and/or permanent basis within the framework of a highly personalized and transparent approach. We Partner with Clients and Candidates alike to provide the highest level of service to achieve a common goal.