Legal & Financial Support Program Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Legal & Financial Support Program Manager
Location: Northern Virginia or Ebensburg, PA
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Legal & Financial Support Program provides designated Primary Family Caregivers financial planning services and legal services relating to the quality of life needs of eligible injured Veterans and their family members. The VA Caregiver Support Program Manager for these services is responsible for the oversight and management of a contact center, a national network of financial counselors and attorneys, maintaining a well-trained staff, and ensuring supporting technologies deliver a high-quality system of support for eligible participants.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the management oversight of the VA Caregiver Support Program and personnel.
- Provides administrative support to the Company’s Managing Member/Program Executive for reporting, tasker completion, deliverable completion, presentations, contract management, communications, scheduling and other functions.
- Manage the effective delivery of financial planning services and education relating to mortgage loans and refinancing, budgeting, financial coaching, and credit management through employee financial counselors and an established national network.
- Manage the effective delivery of legal planning services and education relating to simple wills, advanced directives, Power of Attorney, and guardianship through an established national network.
- Determines and implements strategies to achieve goals set for each program deliverable, including budget, productivity, customer satisfaction and quality.
- Responsible for launching new projects within VA Caregiver Support Program and supporting the Project Manager through set up, launch and delivery
- Prepares or ensures preparation of monthly and quarterly reports for each project and program in accordance with the contract or project requirements.
- Maintains positive working relationship with each customer and conducts regular meetings to promote communication and customer satisfaction.
- Supports and mentors direct reports for professional growth and development in their assigned positions.
- Design new employee orientation and training programs specifically to meet VA program requirements and Caregiver expectations.
- Coordinates with Manager, Human Resources to ensure positions are filled in accordance with contract requirements.
- Acts a subject matter expert to support new target markets, proposals, and organic growth opportunities
- Problem solving
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to lead individuals and teams to solve technical issues.
- Goal oriented with motivation to become functional expert in the program you support
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and verbal skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and portable document format (PDF) applications. Advanced web-based communication skills required Fluency with social networking technologies
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a strong desire to assist Veterans, their co- workers and supervisors are necessary qualifications
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Master’s degree in a business or legal field preferred, Master’s degree is social services or health-related field acceptable.
Minimum Experience: 15 years of related experience. May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior military experience as a Service Member, military spouse or family member is highly preferred. Project management experience with leading family quality of life programs, health-related or social services contact center is required. Prior experience with case management or benefits coordination for the wounded warrior population, Veteran population or Caregivers is also preferred.
- Competency with Executive Decision-Making
- Respond to unpredictability with agile problem resolution skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects/tasks
- Attention to detail with recordkeeping and data analysis
- Thrives in high operations tempo environment and maintaining strategic perspective for program excellence
- Leadership demonstrating sound judgment and discretion
- Create a culture of teamwork, pride in the mission, and high job satisfaction among staff members
- Highly effective communicator to resolve complaints and dissatisfaction among staff and modeling for engagement with program customers
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Must be able to obtain the appropriate government clearance, as needed
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: Responsible for time sheets, evaluations, monitoring, reporting, ensures direct reports are trained in their functions and other supervisory responsibilities’ as necessary
Work Environment: Typical Office and/or Call Center (Professional) setting or Home office. Occasional travel up to 25% is required.
Three Wire Systems
LegalView all jobs at Three Wire Systems
Get fresh Consumer Financial Services Attorney jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.