Unit Supervisor III
Three Point Solutions Dubuque, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Unit Supervisor 27844
These positions will be in direct support of Crawler and Forestry manufacturing operations to lead a team of production employees focused on safety, quality, and delivery.
- Ability to both work with a peer supervisor team and independently lead a team of highly skilled production employees to execute on daily safety, quality, and delivery goals within welding and assembly operations.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional employees to solve problems and deliver on daily execution needs.
- Communicate effectively with production employees, cross functional team members, and leadership.
PPE Requirements: Metatarsal work boots, prescription safety glasses (if required).
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
Years; Experience: Must have 3 5 years of experience
- Is responsible for achieving departmental/area goals and objectives.
- Supervises semi to highly skilled production and/or maintenance employees on an assigned shift to ensure the manufacture of products within established delivery, quality, safety and cost standards.
- The supervisor is the first-line liaison between the production employees and the management staff and thus also serves the function of representing the company's interests with the shop floor staff.
- Establishes employee environment regarding communications, feedback and overall guidance.
- Ensures that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instruction and tools to successfully do their job.
- Monitors Control Plans, troubleshoots workmanship problems and generally supervises production activities to ensure that manufactured products meet or exceed all established quality requirements.
- Administers employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the unit.
- Monitors individual and line performance and takes corrective action including discipline, as needed and responds to complaints to insure the Company and employees adheres to policies, practices, procedures and work rules.
- Determines manufacturing and/or distribution priorities based on the production schedule and makes daily assignments including filling vacancies and assigning overtime in order to adhere to the Customer Delivery date.
- Plans for maintenance of equipment and facilities to maximize the uptime and utilization of capital equipment assets.
- Monitors and makes corrections to stay within the department operating budget targets.
- Directs departmental continuous improvement plans and activities. Implements and monitors safety programs and housekeeping.
Three Point Solutions
BusinessView all jobs at Three Point Solutions