*** This position is for a software developer interested in exploring and improving the software development workflow applications and infrastructure - automation, continuous delivery, system reliability.
The role is on the DevOps Enablement team in Urbandale, Iowa. The developer will collaborate with DS development teams and operations. Custom application and tools will be developed for developers and automated testers. Examples of the work: operate a widely used drone CI/CD server, implement static code analysis tools, build release pipelines and plugins for Drone executed AWS resources, add or modify automated tests, replace custom deployment tools with standardized packaging and deployment tools, identify roadblocks or gaps in workflows, build custom applications to close gaps, consult with teams on tools and best practices for modern software delivery.
- Effective problem-solving skills which include ability to debug and develop in many, changing programming languages and technologies
- Experience demonstrating communication skills needed to support and consult with internal software developers of off-the-shelf and custom tools
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (especially Amazon Web Service (AWS))
- Ability and willingness to provide on-call for internal applications - ~1 week/month
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience with Extreme Programming (XP) technical practices - test-driven development (TDD), continuous integration (CI), pairing
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration tool configuration and operation (especially Drone; Gitlab, Jenkins )
- Cloud development, release strategies, and stacks (Terraform, Kubernetes, Rancher, AWS: ECS, EKS, etc.)