Description: Pilot Plant Technician - 8341
Duration: 1 year
Hours: standard 40 hour work week. Start time between 6-8 am for 8 hour work day. Flexibility to work some evenings/overnights support maybe required due to projects.
Dress code: casual (ie. jeans and polo)
Prescreens: HireRight background check, Drug Screen (5 panel + expanded opiates), Pre-employment physical, lifting assessment (50 lbs) and mobility assessment
**in-person interviews will be required before an offer is extended
- Provide support to research scientists in the completion of research projects or activities.
- He/she will also be responsible for conducting piloting trials in a food grade laboratory, routine analysis, reporting and communicating results.
- In addition, this person will be responsible for maintaining pilot plant equipment, and ensuring EHS and Food safety compliance.
- Supports a core technology component area for the Starches and Sweeteners business as well as customers.
- Supports the research group in a given implementation of business defined technology needs.
- Serves as a piloting team resource in one or more broad core technology components:
- Core Technologies (e.g. separations, fermentation, product safety, milling and grinding)
- Enabling sciences (e.g. process modeling, toxicology, advanced analytics, sensory, nutrition, sensory, chemistry)
- Ingredients/Product Lines (e.g. Sweeteners, Dextrose, Fat/Oils)
- Food Applications (e.g. dairy, convenience, beverages)
- Feed Applications (e.g. ruminants, pork, poultry, equine)
- 20% - Provide support to research scientists in the completion of research projects or activities
- 55% - Conduct pilot trials, routine experiments, organizing and communicating results; may provide routine analysis as needed
- 10% - Maintain pilot/laboratory equipment
- 10% - Ensure corporate EHS and Food Safety compliance
- 5% - Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in , Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering, Food Science or related Science field
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, collaboration, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety in the job environment
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to execute designed experiments as well as troubleshoot and make corrections during experimentation
- Microsoft Office suite
- 6 months to 3 yrs. experience in a food grade pilot plant environment
- Hands-on experience in microbiology sampling, sterile technique and/or fermentation principles and operation.
- Experience in setup and operation of lab and/or pilot scale fermentations.
- Experience with downstream purification technologies, such as chromatography, separations (e.g., centrifugation, filtration, membrane separation), crystallization and evaporation