Description: Lab Technician - 8223
Initial duration is 2 months, to be extended up to 1 year based on performance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform protein and carbohydrate analysis using wet chemistry techniques and HPLC or ICP instrumentation.
- Solutions will have to be prepared; samples will be weighed out and treated with enzymes.
- The samples will be filtered and evaporated.
- The solids will be analyzed for ash and protein and the solubles will be analyzed by HPLC.
- Glassware will need to be cleaned.
- The dietary fiber analysis takes about 4 days to complete a set of samples.
Minimum Education Required:
- B.S. or M.Sc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Food Sciences with at least 2 years of lab/industrial experience.
- Conducting lab work and maintaining detailed records of all findings.
- Some familiarity with testing food samples.
- Working with Lab equipment such as (HPLC, GC, UV, Protein analysis, and/or Ion Chromatography).
- Should be detail oriented.
- chemistry/food science major with minimum 2 years of lab/pilot experience
- 1-2 years of lab/industrial experience.
- Some experience in HPLC analysis and nitrogen elemental analysis
- Casual, no sleeveless shirts or shorts. Jeans are ok. No open-toed shoes.
Comments: Candidates must pass background check, drug screen, and pre-employment physical including lifting and mobility test