Engineering Manager I
Three Point Solutions Moline, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job-Title: Engineering Manager I 28779
Shift: 1st shift position, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm M-F
Provides critical input into major technology decisions (e.g., upgrade decisions, major architectural decisions, establishment of coding standards) within the standards defined by relevant center of excellence groups and in alignment with the needs and priorities of the business. Supports the Group Engineering. Manager and the business and acts as a servant leader to their product team(s). Ensures adherence to technical standards that will promote security, quality, delivery and cost effectiveness. Ensures scrum teams align their efforts to the needs of the business and work within the framework of overall IT strategy. At this level, the product complexity is typically low to medium requiring demonstrated knowledge of the functionality of specific software and systems; Generally, manages two scrum teams and solves problems that are typically defined by standards, requiring moderate analytical thinking; coordinates troubleshooting process but most complex problems are solved by more experienced team members.
- Understands the vision, strategy, and customer for the area of responsibility and influences the technical dimensions of the roadmap. Determines the right technology choices (e.g. upgrade decisions, hosting decisions) to best deliver business value within the development standards defined.
- Collaborates with Product Owners & Architects, ensures the design, selection, development, implementation, and maintenance of technology is successfully integrated and operated within the company's business environment.
- Resolves disagreements regarding technical requirements for interdependencies across teams.
- Drives Agile culture among teams, along with monitoring product health, technical debt and key team metrics.
- Provides team leadership, motivation and recognition communications, provides staff member with challenging roles and growth opportunities, and maintains collaborative relationships between divisions, suppliers, dealers, branches, factories, product engineering, customers, and team members. Performs Performance Management tasks.
- Manages the staffing strategy to ensure Scrum teams have highly-engaged, appropriately staffed team members to ensure team longevity. Coordinates with HR the hiring of new team members.
- Understands financial implications of the technology and makes economically sound decisions. Provides input in the operating budget and has responsibility for managing it.
- Coordinates the use of internal technical support/resources and vendor support to provide higher levels of troubleshooting, maintenance, to meet business requirements and achieve results.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
Specialized skills, knowledge and abilities needed to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Knowledge of information systems, technologies and architecture. - Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.
- Knowledge of relevant technologies (including, but not limited to, Global Positioning Systems, guidance sensors, remote sensing, irrigation, other automation forms) - Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.
- Excellence in verbal and written communication forms with emphasis on persuasive communication, tact and negotiation. - Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.
- Understanding of Agile development processes and methodologies/tools - Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.
Formal education or training required to perform the essential functions of the job. Includes degrees, certifications, licenses and/or registration requirements.
- Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience. - University Degree (4 years or equivalent)
- Degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience. - University Degree (4 years or equivalent)
Relevant Work Experiences:
Type and amount of experience necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. May include specific roles and/or an understanding of a particular function, organization, industry or product line.
- Leadership in information technology. - 4 - 7 years
- Engineering experience. - 4 - 7 years
- Product design, test and/or analysis experience. - 4 - 7 years
- Participating in Agile Development - 4 - 7 years
- Experience working in an Agile Environment - 4 - 7 years
Three Point Solutions
As a leading contract, contract-to-hire and professional placement firm, Three Point Solution understands the importance of aligning our client with the right resource at the right time. We are committed to the highest caliber of service that will benefit our clients, candidates and employees. Unlike large, corporate style recruiting firms, we commit to individualized attention that uniquely positions us to bridge the communication gap between recruiter, employer and candidate. Our goal is to cultivate and maintain true partnerships with our clients and candidates.