Qualifications: Associate Services Consultant 2613
1 year contract opportunity
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
1. Minimum of two years experience in customer/technical service, or related field.
2. Minimum two-year degree or equivalent knowledge in technical/electronic field is preferred
1. Desire to learn and ability to understand complex medical device products.
2. Ability to use computers and corporate business software. Ability to learn additional applications as required to support the business.
3. Strong organization, prioritization, and investigation skills. Ability to multi-task in a challenging environment.
4. Ability to exercise proper judgment; work in a positive, professional, and cooperative manner.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Must be self-motivated and committed to providing excellent customer service, both as part of a team and individually.
2. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills for listening, understanding, problem solving and taking appropriate action. LANGUAGE SKILLS (verbal, written, listening), SOFTWARE SKILLS, ANALYTICAL SKILLS, MATHEMATICAL SKILLS, PRESENTATION SKILLS, TEAM PLAYER, ETC.
1. Prioritize and manage work to consistently meet/exceed production and customer satisfaction metrics. Meet turnaround-time for Service Agreement scopes. Manage the daily Work-in-Progress (WIP) using Datasweep and Business Objects reports to ensure the timely delivery of repaired endoscopes /electronic units; and identify and resolve service orders that are delayed in process.
2. Ensure that the User Request for each service order is addressed. Review all supporting documents that accompany each scope/electronic unit during the repair process. Make outbound calls to the customer if more information about their request is required.
3. Review the Service Order and consult with other Service Consultants, Lead or Senior Technicians, Supervisor, or Regional Service Manager to ensure accurate communications and repair options are conveyed to the customer. Monitor Waiting Approval service orders on a daily basis; work with customers to obtain and process repair approvals. Provide repair costs (fax Quality Inspection Results if required) and other technical information to support the approval process. Clearly and succinctly describe the repair recommendations and options. Provide detailed notes to include all conversations and actions taken with customers and/or Service Centers.
4. Update the service order and, notify the appropriate personnel to launch the repair after receiving approval. Act in accordance with the customer's request, including the return of an instrument that is not repaired, if necessary.
5. NSC only: Process loaners, ARPs and RMAs for our customers.
6. For Electronics, obtain RMA, if applicable, consistently follow-up on the status to obtain the repair estimate/cost; and obtain purchase order
7. Support required processes for the Discrepant Materials Notices (DMNs) and Quality System. Communicate with service personnel in a thorough and professional manner to complete investigation and resolution.
8. Investigate and resolve "invalid" scopes with instrument histories that have incorrect model/serial numbers and instrument ownership. Investigate and resolve service contract issues. Communicate with appropriate personnel and customers to verify system is updated with correct information.
9. Investigate and process approved credits and rebills.
10. Identify appropriate trade-in opportunities and communicate with the Sales Rep according to policy.
11. Provide backup to other facilities as part of Disaster Recovery.
12. Escalate customer service issues to Supervisor, Regional Service Manager, and appropriate Sales Rep. Make appropriate judgment with regard to service courtesy discounts ($100 maximum). Minimize discounting by providing excellent customer communications and service.
13. Support Service Marketing with regard to the Quality campaign, service contract sales, and other efforts to return customers to us.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager (including, in Field Service Centers, shipping and receiving tasks).