Job Title: Executive Chef, Virginia Beach
Compensation Type: Salary Exempt
Direct Report: Charlottesville Craft Brewery and Kitchen Executive Chef, President & COO
Position: Executive Chef, Virginia Beach
Job Summary: Supervises, delegates and works hands-on in kitchen functions with kitchen and receiving personnel to ensure quality of food, timeliness of food service, proper food and kitchen labor cost and a safe and sanitary kitchen facility; interviews, hires, trains and develops kitchen management and line personnel.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Directs kitchen staff in food handling practices, food preparation, and delivery; directs purchasing and receiving clerks in correct purchasing and receiving practices
• Program Toast POS computer for menus, seasonal food items, and limited time offerings.
• Inventories prepared foods and determines portion sizes and cooking “specs” for all menu items; directs and assists kitchen personnel in monthly inventories: counting, weighing, recording and extending food items in storage
• Monitors, print out computer reports daily to review and control kitchen labor costs
• Delegates food preparation assignments to kitchen staff
• Checks quality of all prepared goods by taste, temperature, portioning and appearance
• Prepares daily food specials: write prices, and proofreads daily menus
• Expedites food order “dupes” from kitchen station to dining rooms
• Conduct menu class for each meal period
• Demonstrates and teaches food preparation techniques to sous chefs and cooks
• Writes and presents quarterly Performance Appraisals to sous chefs, cooks, prep cooks, and dishwashers
• Interviews, hires, schedules and trains and develops kitchen personnel in procedures, policies and the safe operation of equipment, utensils, and machinery
• Write an agenda for and leads monthly chef and kitchen staff meetings; writes and delivers reports at weekly manager meetings and monthly corporate meetings
• Plans and prepares menu and schedules personnel for catered events and outdoor festivals
• Walks and inspects the equipment, machinery and facility in compliance with safety, health and sanitation regulations, directs and assists personnel to correct any safety or health hazards
• Consistently apply and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
• All menu items meet the criteria of food concepts for and are priced to provide exceptional value to the customer
• Food orders delivered in a timely fashion (maximum 15 minutes for lunch, 30 minutes for dinner) and quality of food and presentation meets company standards
• Food cost percentage goals is met monthly; labor cost goal is met weekly
• Through the application of management “Methods,” kitchen personnel are methodically developed in professional culinary and managerial skills, and all departments are integrated so that the customer receives extraordinary service and value
• Kitchen facility is an efficient, safe and sanitary work environment
• Other duties as needed
Additional Job Functions:
• Assist in other areas as needed
• Completion of any task requested by a member of 3NB management or the Executive team.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Responsible for directing all kitchen staff, monitoring their performance, and giving appropriate feedback in regards to timing and preparation of food items. Partners with Human Resources to manage employee relations issues.
• Must be able to effectively communicate and understand directions
• Must be a ServSafe certified Food Protection Manager
• Must have the ability to manage and support the kitchen staff
• Minimum 3 years experience working as an Executive Chef and 3-5 years of management experience
• Must have an extensive knowledge of cooking methods, cooking line, banquets, catering and pastry
• Ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role
• Solid supervisory, organizational and time management skills are required
• Profit & Loss accountability– managed service experience is desirable
• Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft applications required
• Must be willing to follow all Safety Standards
• Requires experience as a working chef in a high-volume restaurant
• Strong communication skills and to work cooperatively with employees of other departments providing high levels of customer satisfaction; and to effectively communicate to employees through written and verbal instructions
• Conceptual understanding of American food and the culinary ability to deliver American food through menu, food preparation and production
• Available to work a variable schedule to include early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays
• Work productively and cooperatively in a high volume, fast paced, highly pressured environment, and able to lead and respond efficiently to unanticipated problems and crises
• To manage flexibly: disciplined and firm about standards of performance, yet fair and personable in developing employees
• Think and act creatively to provide customers with exceptional service and value
• Culinary or Bachelor’s degree
• Back of the house
• Inside kitchen area/dish room and includes interaction with heated equipment, steam, loud noises, chemical products, and other at risk conditions.
• Deep Fryer
• Chef Knives
• Other Cooking Equipment
• Other equipment as applicable
Little or No Travel (<10%)
HEAVY: Frequent lifting and / or carrying objects weighing up to 130 pounds. Objects weighing more than 50 pounds require assistance through use of the buddy system.
Keying / Fingering: Constant
Three Notch’d Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Candidate must have open availability and be willing to work long hours
Three Notch'd Brewing Company, LLCVirginia Beach, VA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.