Data Analyst Support to INSCOM
- Posted: January 13, 2023
Threat Tec is seeking a highly qualified and versatile Data Analyst to provide professional services and support to the Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) G2 and the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) Army Intelligence Enterprise (AIE) Directorate at FT Belvoir, VA. The TRADOC G-2 acts as the principal enabler for continuous learning across all TRADOC lines of effort through acquiring, analyzing, creating, organizing, applying, and transferring data, information, and knowledge in the context of current and future operations. The G-2 is responsible for delivering the Operating Environment to facilitate the training of deploying units on joint, national and interagency information, emerging asymmetric capabilities gleaned from world-wide operations; integrating processes, practices, concepts and materiel capabilities into Joint and Service DOTMLPF solutions; and coordinating with the training centers to provide realistic enemy and environmental signatures into models and simulations in support of realistic training.
Specific Background for this position: The Headquarters, US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) Army Intelligence Enterprise (AIE) Directorate was established in 2018 to lead the modernization and integration of Multi-Domain Intelligence capabilities to advance analysis through strategy, governance, management, and support of systems infrastructure, intelligence architecture, and innovation to enhance the readiness and digital intelligence operations globally. To compliment these efforts, TRADOC will provide supporting personnel to enable doctrinal and mission support for data analytic requirements across the Army Intelligence Enterprise.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Apply statistics, machine learning and analytic approaches to answer key intelligence questions, producing results and re-usable products that provide real value to Intelligence Analysts.
- Collaborate with Intelligence Analysts to understand needs and devise possible solutions.
- Apply machine learning techniques to identify and transform data features, find hidden patterns and trends, build, and optimize classifiers, create automated anomaly detection systems, and automate steps of the intelligence process.
- Evaluate statistical models to determine the validity of analyses and collaborate with software developers to implement evaluated models into production.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers, analysts and other stakeholders and shall provide information regarding dataset applicability to the stakeholder's mission and for the intelligence community.
- Document all processes, models, and activities by developing, documents, and implement a configuration management plan for data sets.
- Excellent practical knowledge of Intelligence Analysis Processes
- Thorough understanding of statistics, machine learning and analytic approaches to answer key intelligence questions
- Knowledge of techniques to identify and transform data features and automate steps of the intelligence process
- Ability to evaluate statistical models to determine the validity of analyses
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively both orally and in writing.
- A team player who works well with others
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Systems Administration and/or a related technical area. Extensive industry certification history will be considered in lieu of degree
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required
- Cloud-based computing platform and analytic application knowledge, especially in the Microsoft Azure environment
- SQL and Non-SQL based database working and administration understanding.
- Direct experience with the application of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning solutions
- Previous military/deployment experience a plus.
Clearance: Top Secret / SCI clearance is required.
Location: FT Belvoir, VA.
Travel: Less than 5% travel expectation.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Threat Tec, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers (EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HR@threattec.com or calling 757-240-4305.
Threat Tec LLC
AddressFort Belvoir, VA
TechnologyView all jobs at Threat Tec LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?