Cyber Scenario Subject Matter Expert
- Posted: over a month ago
Threat Tec, LLC, a Veteran-Owned Small Business, is the leader of Operational Environment (OE) replication and Threat Emulation/Wargaming solutions. Threat Tec brings innovative thinking and extensive experience to complex challenges for public and private sector customers. We work alongside our nation's defenders, developing solutions that drive success and protect our future. Join a team that is embodied by an unwavering commitment to professionalism, honesty, and innovation.
The Cyber Ops SME will apply a broad comprehension of cyber space operations concepts to create a realistic and robust cyber environment replicating real world capabilities to provide analytical problem sets based on prior coordination with the G-7 Intelligence Officer and G-7 SIGINT Chief. The Cyber Ops SME will participate in pre-exercise/in-progress scenario scripting meetings as part of the Exercise Control Group (ECG) and coordinate all product creation with the G-7 Intelligence Section.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to apply understanding of Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT), Space Operations and Electronic Warfare (EW) capabilities to include collections, analysis, and support to lethal and non-lethal targeting.
- Integrate with the G-7 contracted scenario manager, reports officer, SIGINT analyst, and human terrain SME in order to ensure the cyber environment is fully nested within in the overall exercise scenario target network and supports the URX tactical, strategic, and operational training objectives.
- Develop training infrastructure to achieve Cyber related JMETL training objectives including coordinating cyber enabling effects with USCYBERCOM/Interagency ISO direct action, advancing IO and cyber capabilities.
- Coordinate support from throughout the DoD to include Joint Staff J7 and Service Cyber/EW/Space program managers to leverage existing Programs of Record (POR) within the joint force capable of replicating peer capabilities and integrating threat information warfare, GPS jamming, contested /denied communications, EW, and offensive/defensive cyber operations.
- Assist the G-7 Intelligence section in the creation, operation, and management of multiple social media personas for targetable individuals, create associated personal websites and social media accounts, related on-line information sources, role player scripts actively engaged in cyber space communications (messages, social media posts, location updates), and other realistic cyber exercise injects.
- Design, install, operate, and maintain cyber target infrastructure and provide detailed documentation and access for each device, platform, account, and persona throughout the planning and execution of the URX.
- Ensure all cyber accounts/profiles/equipment supporting episodic role players are functional at the start of each event.
- Responsible for performing work with limited guidance from the G-7 Intelligence Officer and G-7 SIGINT Chief.
- Responsible for briefing cyber operations plan and exercise development working groups, G-7 synchronization meetings, in-progress and facilitated after actions reviews, distinguished visitors, etc.
- Submit written after actions review assessments post exercise to G-7 lessons learned analyst.
- Assist the SIGINT Chief with asset management and inventory of technical equipment related to the execution of URX events.
- Stay in touch with current and emerging cyber principles and social media platforms. Candidate should be proficient and capable of performing tasks using:
- Computer, Networking and Mobile Device (i.e., MS Windows, Apple OS, MS Office suite, Internet browsers, Email, Samsung, iPhone, Open VPN, WiFi and Hotspot connectivity).
- Social Media platforms (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, SnapChat, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Marketing techniques specific to Social Media branding and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Scheduling tools used to manage Social Media posts.
- Website Development and content editing in WordPress (or other design tools).
- Creative Writing Skills used in blog content creation/management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior experience working as a close-access operator in a real-world operational capacity, conducting cyber/cyber-enabling operations.
- Minimum three years of military or civilian experience conducting cyber enabling operations or working with a Cyber Mission Force (CMF) (SOCOM, USCYBERCOM, MARFORCYBER, etc.) required.
- Three years of SMU experience with emphasis on conducting cyber enabling operations desired.
- Graduate of a relevant/accredited OSINT Certification course desired (Berber Hunter Tool Kit or equivalent).
- Holds active Ethical Hacker Certification, COMPTIA A+/Net+/Sec+ Certifications, Offensive Security Certification Professional (OSCP).
- USCYBERCOM Work Role Certification desired.
- US Citizenship required.
- Must hold active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of fundamental Cyber, Space, and EW and OSINT Operations., computer network, e-mail server, and VPN operations.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of offensive cyber operations TTPs required.
- Possess a thorough understanding of defensive cyber operations TTPs desired
- Two 45-day travel periods in support of unit readiness exercise (Fall & Spring) for a total of approximately 90 days annually.
- Additional travel may be required.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Threat Tec, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers (EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HR@threattec.com or calling 757-240-4305
Threat Tec LLC
AddressHolly Ridge, NC
TechnologyView all jobs at Threat Tec LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?