The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for introducing the product to the clients and increasing the sales of the product. Will target the established clients and organizations in the market. All sales personnel are encouraged to continually strive to develop and sustain relationships.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Demonstrating excellence in business to business selling on a daily basis
· Meet and communicate with walk-in customers
· Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
· Establish friendly relations with customers and maintain ongoing relations with the customers
· Understand the needs and expectations of the customers and provide relevant solutions
· Handle the traffic of customers and ensure proper attention to every customer
· Analyze the choices and financial capacities of every customer and suggest suitable products
· Offer different alternatives to customers in their preferred choice of product
· Demonstrate the methods of using products and resolve customer queries
· Responsible to close sales deals and achieve customer satisfaction
· Call up the prospective customers, explain details of the different products and services offered and convince them to buy the products
· Make efforts to achieve the short term sales targets and improve goodwill of the organization
· Manage a database of potential customers and contact them regularly
· Note suggestions and complaints made by the customers and report them to your manager
· Research the market for new competitive products introduced and the marketing strategies adopted by competitors
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with high level of confidence
· Creative thinker with the ability to resolve critical problems
· Good organizational skills, management skills and ability to be energetic
· Should have ability to multitask and handle conflicts in the business
· Ability to analyze the market and target potential clients
· Strong computer skills and math aptitude
· A positive attitude, effective problem solving ability, and dedication to providing optimal customer service
· The desire to practice integrity and professionalism in all aspects of the business
· Keen attention to detail and a sense of urgency
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however some warehouse activity can be expected. The ability to lift, slide and lower packages that typically weigh 25lbs-50lbs and may weigh up to 75lbs
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position
Required Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum 5 years’ Inside Sales experience.
· 2-3 years fastener/industrial distribution experience
· Valid driver’s license and the ability to meet our driving record requirements
Preferred Education and Experience
· Associate’s Degree in Business/Marketing
· Fastener sales experience
· Knowledge of the local market
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.