Purchasing Healthcare Contracts Manager-Arlington ,VA
Client: Virginia Hospital Center
Position: Purchasing Contracts Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Location: 5 DAYS ONSITE.
Work Auth: Not open to sponsorship
Duration: C2H or Direct Hire
Background check?: Y
Vaccination required?: Y
Interview Process/# of Rounds: 2 rounds
Top 3 Technical Experience:
- Health care experience in contracting [no exceptions]
- Leading and mentoring a team
- RFP experience
Why is this position open? backfill
The Contract Manager coordinates with stakeholders on processes, and procedures designed to maintain the efficiency of inventory and material flow throughout the health system. This role is responsible for establishing and monitoring performance metrics for individuals and the group. The Contract Manager is also responsible for vendor relationship management, as well as performance management, training, and developing buyers and receivers.
The Contract Manager is responsible for reviewing all contract pricing exceptions and resolving with either the vendor or distributor. This role is responsible for reviewing and activating all relevant GPO contracts and Letter of Commitments (LOC's) The Contract Manager is responsible for uploading into the ERP System (Lawson) all Vendor Agreements and Pricing Files. This role is responsible for reviewing volume reports to determine effective Purchasing Tier placement. This role is responsible for reviewing all upcoming expiring contracts or LOC's and working to ensure timely renewal. Work in collaboration with the Director to maximize all GPO contracts Hospital wide.
Independently strives to achieve contract compliance within the terms of authorized Group Purchasing Agreements. Chairs the Hospital's Value Analysis Committee. Uses appropriate business and analytical judgment to develop and implement viable strategies to acquire supplies in adequate quantities to meet the Hospital's needs. Reviews departmental requisitions for correctness and works with requesters to resolve discrepancies. Confers with supplier representatives to fulfill departmental requisitions. Monitors supplier backorders and expedites their delivery, making alternate arrangements when necessary. Assures purchasing compliance with Joint Commission, Virginia State, and other relevant standards, statutes, regulations and laws. Works proactively with suppliers to ensure the integrity and timely delivery of purchased goods and services. Independently maintains open and proactive communication with Hospital department heads and key personnel to monitor and enhance service.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Related Field or Equivalent Materials Management Experience Required
- Five Years in Healthcare Purchasing/Materials Management Preferred
- Organize, monitor, control and participate in the activities of the Hospital's Purchasing program.
- Maintain and enforce the fiduciary, ethical and professional tone of the department, both intra-departmentally and interdepartmentally. Conduct all business in a manner that is above reproach, and which presents both the Department and the Hospital in a favorable, credible, uncompromising, and legally- and procedurally-compliant position.
- Critically examine the various aspects of the Purchasing, Receiving and Warehousing operations and develop both short-term and longer-term goals for enhancing productivity and cost control.
- In conjunction with the Director and in concert with the objectives and plans of top management, establish realistic, obtainable and measurable performance and financial goals on at least an annual basis. When appropriate, link goals to budgeted costs.
- Participates and/or leads value analysis activities by facilitating / driving cost reduction opportunities through the implementation of standardization, utilization, price leveling strategies, contract compliance, and local negotiations while ensuring that quality and safety
- Chair the Hospital's Value Analysis Committee, advocating contract compliance and product standardization. Chair or serve on other committees, including quality management committees, as assigned by the Director. Actively perform the appropriate committee functions.
- Assist in negotiating and maintain accurate contracts to include pricing, terms, and conditions to reduce overall cost to meet quoted costs.
- Develop target purchasing savings and monitor performance versus goals.
- Responsible for developing and ensuring compliance with internal policies regarding the processing of purchase orders, customer accounts and inventory management and usage records.
- Responsible for the GPO compliance.
- Work with accounting personnel to resolve invoice problems such that suppliers are paid appropriately and timely for goods correctly delivered or work correctly performed, in accordance with the underlying purchase orders, contracts, agreements and other controlling documents. Involve other Hospital personnel and supplier representatives as necessary.
- In concert with billing and accounting personnel, establish and enforce procedures to insure the timely and accurate capture and recording of charge and usage data for patient-billable supplies and usage data for non-billable supplies.
- Use appropriate tools to resolve and correct discrepancies.
- Assist other Materials Management and Hospital personnel to establish or adjust their supply needs and ordering mechanisms in a manner that meets their operating requirements balanced against the judicious use of the Hospital's resources.
- Place orders with suppliers, as appropriate. (NOTE: The Purchasing Department is not involved in the purchase of drugs or raw food).
- Operating within applicable contractual constraints or other guidelines, offer expertise to help ordering personnel locate items and/or services which they need, but which they cannot identify.
- Initiate or respond to communications regarding product standardization and utilization among Hospital and supplier personnel.
- Within established budgetary constraints, coordinate with outside supplier representatives to provide in services on relevant topics to the staff.
- Monitor and enforce the integrity of all Purchasing databases.
- Limit the Buyers' assignments of "temporary" item numbers such that their usage is minimized and that the incidence of the same items being entered as more than one item number is virtually eliminated.
- Proactively and critically audit stock levels and related ordering or replenishment parameters, and adjust the computerized ordering system to reflect current and/or reasonably anticipated usage.
- Establish and monitor review mechanisms such that adequate control is maintained over returns, credits, over shipments, under shipments, product substitution, product miss-shipment, manufacturer recalls, shipments against check requests, shipments of free goods, non-purchase-order shipments, and other exceptions to the shipping process. Use appropriate tools to resolve and correct discrepancies.
- Implement and maintain an on-going visitation schedule with departmental customers such that each department is visited proactively at least twice annually. Critically evaluate their comments, concerns and suggestions. Coordinate with the Director to implement corrective or enhancing actions, when appropriate.
- Undertake projects assigned by the Director. Complete these projects in good form and on time.
- As appropriate, and, when funding is required, to the extent funded by the Hospital, join appropriate organizations and actively participate in their activities. Establish contacts that support the Department's achievement of its goals and objectives. Develop cooperative relationships that enhance coordination with area hospitals and purchasing groups.
Thought stormArlington, VA
BusinessView All Thought storm Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.