Lead Network Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Team GREEN LIGHT. This will move, the manager is ready to interview and also get this one filled as soon as possible. I have been monitoring it like a hawk. This is the second opening for this position we got this! Only adjustment is they are willing to consider people with fewer years of experience, but still need to be strong with SD Wan experience, and F5 engineers tend to good profiles for what the team needs in terms of skillset.
Really looking for an SD Wan Engineer // F5 engineers are strong candidates for this position
Updated Notes on What They Are Looking For:
- Cisco SD WAN BGP experience
- Cloud/ AWS knowledge is important
- Will also be willing to accept F5 engineers they will understand the complexity of the network
Position: Lead Network Engineer
Location: (prefer local to the DMV) Data Centers are located in Ashburn and Arlington, VA
Work Auth: must be a US Citizen
Duration: 6 months - Contact to Hire (preferred), or direct hire Start Date ASAP
Rate: $75-78/hr. W2| Target Salary: 160K MAX
- Phone Screen with VIP Robert (20 30 min)
- Virtual Video Interview with the manager and tech team
Responsible for the daily operations of the following functional areas: SD-WAN, WAN infrastructure; LAN infrastructure; security architecture; data communications, telecommunications system, and other network related technology services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Critical work includes network design for key AAMVA systems, addressing user support requests with excellent customer service and serving as part of an on-call team that maintains critical AAMVA infrastructure. Position will also require occasional weekend work and on-call availability.
1. Performs design, development, and maintenance of AAMVA's infrastructure network systems such as SD-WAN, WAN, LAN, Internet, Intranet, data communication systems and other related security systems.
2. Reviews and conducts feasibility studies, evaluates, and plans for various infrastructure network upgrade projects.
3. Performs the maintenance of new and existing equipment, determines hardware and software needs, and maintains appropriate inventory of equipment.
4. Assists with RFP preparations and participates in bid proposals and specifications for infrastructure projects; prepares contracts, project plans, scope of work, status and summary reports and correspondence.
5. Maintains operational standards, policies, and procedures for the IT Infrastructure network services team.
6. Trains, assigns work and monitors assigned network managers and consultants.
7. Provides technical advice and assistance to AAMVA staff to ensure efficient network systems.
8. Stays current with new technologies, trends, and related practices in the industry, and determines when and if new technology is appropriate for introduction into the AAMVA enterprise architecture.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree with major course work in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Business Administration, or a closely related field. Masters Degree preferred.
Experience: Ten years recent and increasingly responsible information technology infrastructure experience, including five years of network management and support expertise and a minimum three years managing SD-WAN technologies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Knowledge of: Principles and practices of administration, project resource management, budgeting, and project planning; current trends and technology in the industry including SD-WAN, WAN and LAN networking, information security, data communication and telecommunication; software, hardware equipment, network equipment, interfaces and connectivity of system devices, and other related equipment and systems.
Ability to: work independently and make sound judgments; work within established budgets and timelines; prepare written procedures, policies, reports, and correspondence; analyze data and documents, develop logical solution, make appropriate recommendations and revisions to processes and procedures; analyze, recommend, and implement future network, requirements and needs; provide technical advice; review systems operations, development, and network technical support; analyze documents; properly interpret, apply, and make decision in accordance with relevant laws, regulations, and policies; represent AAMVA at professional events; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; supervise, train, and evaluate professional and technical staff; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
Experience designing, managing, and supporting environments that employ the following technologies is required:
Expert knowledge of at least one SD-WAN technology platform.
Strong foundation in TCP/IP, and BGP
Advanced knowledge of Cisco router technologies, including Cisco routing protocols.
Advanced knowledge of Cisco switch technologies.
Advanced knowledge of Cisco firewall technologies.
Advanced knowledge of Cisco VPN technologies.
Advanced knowledge of network architecture principals, including cloud based networking
Intermediate knowledge of Cisco Nexus switching and ToR technologies.
Intermediate knowledge of Cisco security technologies (i.e. ACS, ISE)
Intermediate knowledge of wireless technologies.
Intermediate knowledge of virtualization technologies.
Intermediate knowledge of server management principles, specifically focused on Windows.
Basic computer security principles (Anti- virus, anti-spam and personal firewall)
Highly Desired expertise:
Advanced knowledge of Silver Peak or Aruba SD-WAN technologies, both virtual and physical appliances.
Advanced knowledge of designing, managing and supporting network solutions that are either Azure or AWS based, or in a hybrid mode (i.e. on-prem Datacenter and Cloud based Datacenters in Azure or AWS cloud environments).
Interpersonal Skills must include:
Attention to detail sufficient to track and troubleshoot issues, licensing, and support agreements, create, and maintain technical documentation.
Following technical operational procedures.
Communicating technical information to diverse audiences.
Expert proficiency with Visio or similar drawing platforms.
Abilities must include:
Lifting networking equipment.
Datacenter cable management best practices.
Diligently documenting all work in a trouble tracking system.
Independently researching and resolving technical problems.
Regularly working outside of standard business hours.
Experience must include:
Four years in a technical support environment with minimum 3 years supporting SD-WAN.
Microsoft or Cisco certifications
Get fresh Lighting Programmer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.