FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN- 3rd shift
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN- 3rd shift-- 11pm-9:30am
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, utilities, and equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES - Satisfactorily performing and/or achieving the following Responsibilities are essential duties of the job.
- Performs semi-skilled installation and repair work in maintenance electrical, plumbing, carpentry, mechanics, and HVAC.
- Completes and documents routine service requests, equipment inspections and preventative maintenance tasks at appropriate intervals and by assigned due dates to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Completes minor remodeling and equipment installation projects.
- Coordinates outside vendor service calls and minor projects.
- Assists with development of preventative maintenance SOPs.
- Supports production equipment maintenance.
- Maintains all assigned equipment areas in a constant state of inspection-readiness, including cleanliness, safety, and compliance with cGMP requirements.
- Coordinates with contractors performing repairs, modifications, and installations of production equipment.
- Works with Production, Engineering, and Quality on new system installations or modifications.
- Assists in projects for facility modification, capacity expansion, and efficiency improvements.
- Provides on-call support as assigned.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the Thorne facilities and maintenance equipment. Reports damage or potential problems with equipment or grounds in a timely manner.
- Keeps supervisor informed of project status and recognizes the need to ask for help to achieve goals.
- Arrives at work as scheduled, starts work at the beginning of a shift, is on time to meetings, arrives back from lunch and breaks on time, completes assigned tasks in a timely manner, and works overtime as required.
- Suggests ideas, discovers new and better ways of accomplishing goals, and finds innovative well thought-out solutions to problems.
What You Need:
- By training, education and/or experience, employee must be able to perform the essential duties of the job. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Associates Degree in a relevant technical field, or completion of a formal apprenticeship preferred. Licensing or trades certification in areas of expertise preferred. Previous experience in Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or Food manufacturing preferred.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in commercial facility operations and maintenance required. 2+ years' experience in at least two of the following trades: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, mechanics or pneumatics required.
What We Offer:
At Thorne, we offer employees the chance to work with great people on exciting projects, with opportunity for growth. We also provide a full range of benefits for you and your eligible family members, such as:
- Competitive compensation
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance
- Company- paid life insurance
- 401k plan with employer matching contributions up to 4%
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly allowance of Thorne supplements
- Paid time off, volunteer time off and holiday leave
- Training, professional development, and career growth opportunities
- A safe and clean work environment
A little bit more about us:
We are committed to providing personalized health solutions, cutting-edge home health test technology, and superior supplements. To do that, Thorne owns every step of its business, from R&D to product delivery and customer service. Currently, we are:
- The only company with exclusive partnerships with the Mayo Clinic and U.S. Olympic teams.
- The #1 prescribed practitioner brand to 30 to 40-year-olds.
- The #2 most dispensed supplement brand.
- The fastest growing supplement company with sales on Amazon; the #1 practitioner brand; with an average ranking of 4.42 of 5 stars.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of others consider becoming part of the Thorne team.
Employment is contingent on satisfactory results from a drug screening, background and reference checks, an assessment test, and a physical examination.
Must be able to safely work with ingredients and products that are derived from possibly allergenic sources including, but not limited to, nuts, soy, dairy, fish, and shellfish.
THORNE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Thorne Research, Inc.Summerville, SC
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.