Thompson Pump (TPM) is family-owned and operated business headquartered in Port Orange, Florida. We are the premier manufacturer of dewatering and bypass pumps, equipment and accessories currently in use across the globe. We are known for having the best service and support in the industry.
POSITION OBJECTIVES: Promote sales and generate revenue from municipal accounts.
- Promote and sell portable, diesel/electric-driven pumps, accessories, and services to municipalities in a defined territory.
- Responsible for meeting sales goals and quotas.
- Call on and develop relationships with all municipalities, government entities, and private engineering firms in the territory.
- Use web-based bid search platforms, such as Onvia, Bid Prime, and Dodge, to track, organize, and pursue all municipal sale opportunities in the territory.
- Consistently maintain all relevant sales activity, and municipal contact information, within CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- Conduct field demonstrations at point of sale when needed.
- Professionally represent TPM at marketing events, such as tradeshows and product presentations
- Work closely with local representative to develop effective sales strategies.
- Analyze market trends and pricing to forecast our ability to reach projected goals.
- Collect any/all narrative pump specifications developed by engineers and municipalities, and within a timely manner, distribute to the Municipal Sales Manager for analysis.
- Conduct personalized, start-up training in the proper use, installation, safety, operation, and maintenance of Thompson Pump products soon after TPM products are delivered.
- Become actively involved with municipal related organizations and attend there functions and events.
- Work closely with Municipal Sales Manager, Regional Manager, local Outside Sales Representative, and Inside Sales.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associates degree or College studies preferred.
- Basic math skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of all Thompson Pump products and operating principles.
- Must be able to read and understand Thompson Pump &Manufacturing Co., Inc. Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to read and understand various service manuals.
- Must have and maintain a class-C/operator’s (or better) driver’s license.
- Minimum six months experience in industrial sales
- Some sales experience required
- Motor Vehicle Insurance requires maintaining a clean driving record or a maximum of six points on driver’s license.
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Must pass background, MVR, Drug & Reference Check
Equal Opportunity Employer