Who We are
Thompson Pipe Group is a privately held family business of engineers, contractors, and manufacturers based in Rialto, California. From the humble beginnings, we built a family of products to meet the needs of all kinds of infrastructure. Each generation of products is better than the previous.
Thompson Pipe Group is now the largest and most diverse drainage, sanitary, pressure and trench-less pipe provider, with manufacturing locations across the country and serving not just the US but all of North America. Please visit our website at www.thompsonpipegroup.com
Thompson Pipe Group is currently looking for a Production Control Coordinator .
We are looking for a responsible The production control department acts as the nerve center of the facility. We produce an engineered product that must transit through a multi-tier work center system. All information from project engineering in Grand Prairie must be analyzed & distributed in a form that each of the work centers can digest. Production control coordinator (PCC) who reports to the production control manager is tasked with producing work orders and scheduling production in the work centers in the plant, bidding out & ordering raw material, controlling both raw material & finished goods inventory, coordinating with customer and Hanson project managers on ongoing projects, writing work orders & arranging trucking.
1. Customer Service: PCC is responsible for communication with customer, prioritizing & documenting customer's delivery requirements and incorporating them into a production plan. PCC is tasked with working together with project engineering and customer to expedite any product changes that become necessary after production has commenced while minimizing the impact of those changes to the overall production plan.
2. Production Control: PCC is responsible for establishing, prioritizing, and coordinating an accurate production schedule, ensuring the flow of materials and assemblies between departments, & maintaining an inventory of finished pipe & fittings so that product is available for shipment based on schedule agreed upon with our customer meanwhile keeping finished goods inventory to a minimum.
3. Work Order Management: PCC is responsible for writing production work orders including bill of materials and labor component that will serve as a guide to production for the manufacture of product while also acting as a placeholder/traveler for controlling the flow of production within a work center and after completion, transfer of parts to the next work center.
4. Material Control: PCC is responsible for vetting new vendors, requesting quotes and ordering all raw materials, expediting when necessary, & maintaining an up-to-date, adequate inventory of all raw materials, joint rings, components, and pipe accessories so that daily production demands can be met.
5. Shipping and Receiving: Production Control Coordinator (PCC) is responsible for making arrangements with the freight broker/carrier and arranging material shipment to meet the customer's delivery requirements while remaining under budget.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet all requirements set forth by the company to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education And/or Experience
1. Bachelor's degree preferred, preferably with a class background that includes material resource planning, capacity resource planning, and inventory and supply chain management or closely related field. However, advanced experience in lieu of degree may be considered.
2. At least year of experience in the field. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
3. Computer Literate with familiarity with MS Office and some type of enterprise resource planning (ERP) database.
4. Must be a good communicator and have excellent customer service skills.
5. Must have valid driver's license.
6. Proficiency in mathematics. Good mechanical comprehension including ability to read blueprints and schematics.
7. No allergy to oil or petroleum-based products, cement or concrete.
What We Offer
- Top-tier Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life and Supplement Life
- Company Matched 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Fun Events
- Training and Development
- Employee Discounts
- Career Opportunity!
EOE/AA – M/F/Vet/Disability
Thompson Pipe Group – Pressure is an Equal Opportunity Employer Continue