Thompson Pipe Group is looking for driven individuals who will use their experience, as a Production Supervisor, to direct and manage all facets of production, and quality in their respective department. They will develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
- Develops processes to maximize safety, quality and productivity.
- Direct and manage department operations for production, through the use of LEAN metrics, Standardized Leadership, and continual improvement.
- Coordinate department activities through planning with crews to insure the all manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Communicate with Human Resources concerning personnel issues related to disciplinary action, accident reporting or hiring / termination of employees.
- Must help drive the culture for Best in Class Safety
- Motivate and encourage workforce.
- Control and minimize labor overtime.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among department personnel.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Problem Solving/Analysis
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
**Required Education and Experience**
- Bachelor's degree in related field or five years production supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, desired
- Industry experience a plus.
- Knowledge and experience overseeing various types of concrete spraying, finishing, and industrial coatings (Polyurethane), blasting/lining operations
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a comparable heavy manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of OSHA and demonstrated record of safety-focused leadership.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean principals and 5S process improvement.
What We Offer:
- Top-tier Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life and Supplement Life
- Company Matched 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
Apply Now! In person or through Indeed.
Thompson Pipe Group
1003 MacArthur Blvd. Grand Prairie TX 75050
EOE/AA – M/F/Vet/Disability
Thompson Pipe Group – Pressure is an Equal Opportunity Employe