Who We are
Thompson Pipe Group is a privately held family business of engineers, contractors, and manufacturers based in Rialto, California. From the humble beginnings, we built a family of products to meet the needs of all kinds of infrastructure. Each generation of products is better than the previous.
Thompson Pipe Group is now the largest and most diverse drainage, sanitary, pressure and trench-less pipe provider, with manufacturing locations across the country and serving not just the US but all of North America. Please visit our website at www.thompsonpipegroup.com
Thompson Pipe Group is currently looking for a Maintenance Mechanic
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment, including, but not limited to, programmable controls, power supplies, drives, gauges, gas-fired boilers, scales and test equipment.
- Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, local and national codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Install, start up and shut down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Advise operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Inform appropriate management and line operators of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Have a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Have working knowledge of troubleshooting Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and AC/DC motor drives.
- Can install, diagnose, repair, and maintain a variety of production and building equipment. Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Repair electrical components such as transformers, wiring and electrical/electronic equipment.
- Adjust to and follow new procedures and innovations, which would add to the efficiency and safety of the operation.
- 5 years support and troubleshooting experience with PLC equipment (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Omron)
- 2 years experience programming PLC ladder logic within the last 5 years
- Can read and draw machine/electrical schematics (Must have worked with CAD for 5 years)
- 5 years experience with Variable Frequency Drives
- 5 years experience with automated machines and a expert understanding of all related devices including but not limited to AC/DC Drives, prox, photo eye’s and transducers
- Working knowledge of Window’s xp, word, excel and outlook
- Have math aptitude for measurements, calibrations and comprehension of a variety of testing and diagnostic equipment
- Be available for emergency service during off hours
- Bilingual English/Spanish would be helpful but not required
- Be able to setup min/max order system for parts
- Military experience preferred but not required
- Have compliment of tools necessary for high level maintenance tasks.
- Have good mechanical/pneumatic/hydraulic aptitude
- Experience managing maintenance department
- Have the ability to work well with others and provide positive leadership.
- Have a desire to participate in the overall effort to keep all operations running smoothly and cleanly.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures.
- Pass the drug test
- Pass technical assessment addressing job-critical maintenance knowledge areas
- Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings).
- Experience with product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs).
- Experience with troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns (pinpointing and fixing breakdowns).
- Experience with reading mechanical drawings (e.g., hydraulics, pneumatics).
What We Offer
- Top-tier Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life and Supplement Life
- Company Matched 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Fun Events
- Training and Development
- Employee Discounts
- Career Opportunity!
We are located at 1004 MacArthur Blvd. Grand Prairie, TX 75050
Question about the Position? You can contact us at 469-313-2556
EOE/AA – M/F/Vet/Disability
Thompson Pipe Group – Pressure is an Equal Opportunity Employer Continue
Thompson Pipe Group
Why Work Here?We’re a privately held family business of engineers, contractors, and manufacturers based in Rialto, California. From our humble beginnings, we built a family of products to meet the needs of all kinds of infrastructure. Each generation of products is better than the previous one. Thompson Pipe Group (TPG) is now the largest and most diverse drainage, sanitary, pressure and trench-less pipe provider, with manufacturing locations across the country and serving not just the US but all of North America.
At TPG, We provide a work environment where our employees can build a life. We don’t just offer jobs, we offer careers.