Estimator Project Manager
Thompson Nursery Rocky Mount, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Irrigation & Landscape Estimator Project Manager
Reports to: OPS Manager Landscape Group
Produces innovative and creative solutions to clients’ design problems in a timely manner, keeping within the clients’ schedule and budget. Increases the design revenues brought in by the company. Estimates and sells landscape & irrigation design/build projects that fit with Thompson’s market niche. Actively seeks new leads and networks with prospects. Must be self-starter and motivated to earn more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a level of sales & estimates required to keep Thompson's’ crews working at the desired level on a weekly monthly basis
- Seeks and develops new business as required to maintain sales goals
- Communicates with clients, potential clients, vendors, trade associations and other employees in a professional manner as part of business development and retention
- Responds to clients or prospects phone calls within 2 hours
- Generates leads and meets with potential clients. Asks for leads and referrals from current clients
- Corresponds with Client and Production Staff to ensure design integrity and to provide a seamless transition from sale to completed installation.
- Produces creative designs staying up-to-date with new products and techniques. Keeps Thompson and client goals and objectives integrated in all designs
- Maintains continuing education in sales, irrigation and landscape design
- Develops cost estimates, proposals, contracts and reviews with clients
- Make follow up calls with customers to ensure satisfaction and quality of workmanship meets or exceeds their expectations
- Is on time for all appointments (preferably early)
- Provides designs and proposals in a timely and agreed upon manner
- Communicates with prospects on a weekly basis to keep them informed of progress and changes
- Will produce job at the highest level of quality
- Maintains a clean, neat office space
- Treats customers, employees and vendors in a polite, friendly and respectful manner at all times.
- Maintain the confidentiality of client and company information
- Will give customers our best information
- Maintains a clean, neat and professional appearance defined by Thompson’s employee & safety policy’s and standards (no shorts, flip flops etc.)
- Provides complete, accurate, and timely paperwork
- Collage Graduate in Landscape Design is a Plus (w/no experience in Landscaping) or minimum (5) five years hands on in Landscaping and Irrigation
- Estimating skills are required
- Computer Software skills: Blue Beam or equal, Excel, Word, Outlook,
- Familiarity w/ Native Plant species is a plus
- Must be able to read blue prints
Thompson NurseryWhy Work Here?
Thompson Nursery is under new management and has immediate plans for growth into Raleigh, Durham Market and more. Team players are required
We are a 60 year old business with a solid reputation servicing North & South Carolina Commercial & Residential Customers. We install all types of Landscaping, Hardscapes, Irrigation Systems, Pavers, Paitio's, Outdoor kitchens, Water Features, Ponds and retaining walls as well as full service commercial Lawn Maintenance