Business Accounting Services Specialist
Looking for an excellent work/life balance and a rewarding and challenging career at an established public accounting firm? Thompson Greenspon, a Fairfax CPA firm and Washington Post Top Workplace, seeks a Full-Time Business Accounting Services Specialist to work on the accounting needs of our diverse client base.
In this position you will have the opportunity to make an impact by managing accounting needs of the firm’s clients and supervising staff. Candidates who are able to prioritize projects, collaborate with others, provide clear instructions when delegating, learn new technologies and communicate with clients will thrive in this position.
Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your specific experience related to the below listed skills and responsibilities.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Review and supervise team members monthly work
- Manage and delegate client work to team members and manage deadlines
- Professional interaction with clients
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements
- Record and reconcile payroll transactions
- Prepare month-end and annual close journal entries
- Recognize unusual variances in monthly accounting
- Record general ledger activity
- Preparation of Federal, state and local payroll returns
- Preparation of sales tax returns
- Preparation of personal property returns and business licenses
- Preparation of year-end 1099s
- Assist clients setting up QB/QBO file and provide general QB support to clients
Qualified candidates will:
- Have 4+ years of relevant experience
- Be detail-oriented
- Possess strong computer skills, including MS Office
- Have advanced QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online experience
- Be able to work with a team, while also being able to work independently and take initiative
- Enjoy learning new things and growing professionally
- Experience with Bill.com preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
Compensation: We offer competitive salaries, benefits package and an excellent working environment, including free parking and gym access. Visit www.tgccpa.com for more information on our Firm and benefits offered.
About us: Since 1956, Thompson Greenspon has provided audit, accounting, financial reporting, tax, consulting and advisory services to a broad spectrum of clients. We are located in Fairfax, Virginia and serve clients throughout the nation.
We are among the 20 largest firms practicing in Virginia with the resources and expertise to meet all professional accounting needs. We are the exclusive Northern Virginia member of CPAmerica International, one of the largest associations of CPA firms in the United States.
Our Firm philosophy, “Everything we do starts with understanding our client's business inside out. It’s the key to providing creative, forward looking advice and building long-term relationships. It helps us anticipate our client’s unique needs and to present new and different opportunities.” For more information about our firm, please visit www.tgccpa.com.
Partnering in your professional success. Contact Thompson Greenspon today to learn how to have a rewarding, challenging career and an excellent work life balance.
Proud to be one of The Washington Post’s Workplaces for 6 Years
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Thompson GreensponFairfax, VA
Finance and Insurance
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.