- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Thompson Coe is looking for an experienced civil litigation paralegal to join our Houston office. This is a great opportunity for a proactive self-starter with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage a very large and fast-paced insurance coverage and litigation docket.
The qualified candidate will utilize a high level of job expertise to complete paralegal tasks under the supervision of case attorneys. Must be able to exercise independent judgment and decision making. Experience organizing and managing complex files and discovery is required. Ability to work in a cooperative and positive manner with all coworkers, clients, attorneys and non-attorney staff and observe confidentiality in all matters relating to the Firm.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Reviews, organizes and summarizes case documents in order to assist in preparation of case for trial.
- Reviews records to determine what information is needed for cases.
- Draft routine notices, affidavits, memoranda, and correspondence.
- Prepare discovery.
- Order and summarize medical records.
- Reviews and analyzes matters for the purpose of preparing matter evaluations and status reports to clients. Communicate with clients, attorneys, staff and other outside personnel to obtain or provide information.
- Enter time into accounting and billing software daily.
- Ability to handle pressure, interruptions, and multiple projects with frequently changing priorities in an efficient manner, rapid turnaround required, and generally perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in all software; ability to adjust to multiple tasks from multiple individuals in the Firm.
- Follows ethical requirements as set forth by the Rules of Professional Conduct of the state.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum of 5 years’ recent law firm litigation paralegal experience, with State court and Federal litigation experience
- Four-year Bachelor's degree and/or two-year ABA approved Paralegal certificate ideal but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite to include PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe Pro
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines while managing multiple projects with competing priorities
- Positive attitude and exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required for daily interaction with clients, opposing counsel and mediators
- Ability to exercise discretion, good judgment, and poise in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality.
We devote ourselves to excellence and to developing collaborative partnerships with our clients in order to ensure their companies are moving forward. Through this commitment, we’ve successfully guided our clients through high-stakes litigation, business disputes, and regulatory matters with the complete spectrum of our top-tier legal services. As a result, we have been recognized by several organizations as leaders in our field.
LegalView all jobs at Thompson Coe
Get fresh Civil Litigation Paralegal jobs daily straight to your inbox!