PEAK Workflow Consultant
Come join the 3rd largest and fastest growing biotechnology supply company in the United States. This is a great opportunity to join our dynamic, fun team that is making a difference in transforming the life science community.
The successful candidate will be responsible for selling new and existing products, supplies and instrumentation to Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Clinical, Molecular Diagnostic, Academic, and other research-based accounts. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, this person will be responsible for meeting company goals and revenue targets by using a dedicated and consultative selling approach.
This candidate must be able to understand a customer's technical requirements in order to provide solutions that meet expectations. Effective communication skills are required for customer & product management, product presentations and customer support. The successful candidate will manage all sales activities within a defined territory and work with other members of the regional team.
· Expand existing customer relationships through consultative selling techniques.
· Consult with High Throughput Laboratories or companies looking to streamline operations
· Discuss workflow solutions for Genomics, Proteomics and Molecular Screening
· Consult with customers on how to streamline, optimize and improve the value of lab operations
· Develop new relationships and implementing strategies to increase sales
· Enhance brand recognition, competitiveness, and profitability
· Reply in both a prompt and professional manner to customer inquiries and requests
· Meet individual objectives and revenue goals for the assigned territory
· Prospect for new business within target market segments
· Provide competitive intelligence, market insight, changes in customer needs/preferences, purchasing trends, and marketing effectiveness information to internal stakeholders in Management, Marketing, Product Management, etc. on a consistent basis
· Attend industry conferences, networking events, tradeshows, etc. periodically
· Present products, solutions and services to customers
· Communicate with the Marketing team to roll out and monitor marketing campaigns
· Prospect new relationships through referrals, networking and collaboration with marketing team efforts
· Update CRM in real time on all activities
Skills and Abilities:
· Outgoing, energetic self-starter
· Passionate about serving customers
· Effective Questioning Skills to understand customers’ needs
· Dedicated to providing prompt responses
· BS in BioScience or related field or greater
· Experience with Automated and Production laboratory environments
· Experience with BioScience, Molecular Diagnostics workflows
· Experience in selling to the Biotech/Scientific community
· Ability to work collaboratively and effectively employ team-based selling strategies
· Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Knowledge of a CRM such as Salesforce, ACT, Sugar, etc.
· Ability to lift at least 50lbs with a good pair of shoes
· Strong negotiation skills and the ability to 'close' opportunities
Our business empowers our associates to manage and grow the territory for which they have responsibility. We place significant emphasis on the customer. The work environment is fun and requires everyone to work together as a team to deliver great service to our customers. Competitive salary, commission plan, auto plan, and benefits to include health, dental, vision, life & disability, tuition reimbursement, and 401k retirement plan are offered.
Why Work Here?
Thomas Scientific is the fastest growing distributor of scientific and lab automation products in the country.