Field Sales Territory Account Manager - Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In this role, the Field Sales Representative you will be responsible for overall account management and sales growth in an assigned territory. The portfolio is comprised of scientific laboratory supplies, equipment, chemicals and safety items that are used in a diverse account base that includes environmental, industrial, government, pharmaceutical, biotech, life sciences and medical research facilities.
The Field Sales Representative will be expected to perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Communicate daily with customers by phone, e-mail, and face-to-face to solicit orders, win accounts, and grow business.
• Meet established company/territory sales and GP dollars goals.
• Identify customers’ goals / problems and provide solutions offered by company.
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from the company, trade shows, Internet Web sites, manufacturing representatives, and other sources.
• Manages review and completion of RFP / RFQ bid opportunities
• Study data describing new products to develop sales approach.
• Compiles and analyzes data on supplies, equipment and chemicals preferred by customers.
• Advises customers of products for given need, based on technical knowledge of product.
• Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
• Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders/PO’s obtained.
• Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
• Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
• Daily use of SalesForce.com for data entry of customer, sales data, and opportunities.
• Provides weekly reports on status of territory.
• Meets daily minimum inbound and outbound call volume
• Writes business plans and updates as needed.
• Performs quarterly presentation on territory results and activities.
• Communicate regularly and work with manufacturing representatives.
• Attends trade shows.
• Travels daily throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers.
• Learn and engage the Thomas Selling Process in all activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university
• 3-5 years of sales experience
• Preferred experience within the market/field.
• Proficient use of computer, business software, word processor and other common office equipment
• Must be able to perform work accurately and efficiently
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, commissions, ratios, discounts, gross profit, and proportions to practical situations.
• Good human relation skills
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will also be required to drive a car to meet with clients.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects and tasks
• Must pay close attention to detail
• This position has a predictable work schedule
• This position has frequent deadlines
• This position has a high level of decision-making ability
• This position works closely with others
• There is a lot of record-keeping and routine paperwork
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position has no exposure to environmental conditions such as chemicals or extreme weather conditions.
Thomas Scientific LLC
Get fresh Field Salesperson jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.