Legal Office Manager - Paralegal
Thomas Roughneen & Associates, Counsellors at Law, LLC Madison, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Military experience preferred but please apply if you have commensurate experience in the real world. Must be willing to lead.
We are family friendly, so working around your children's schedules, within reason, is possible. Please be aware that the only other person who normally works in NJ office has natural immunity and will not ever take a shot clearly proven to be less effective than having tested positive when having antibodies.
Please send a cover letter to be considered about what makes your background the right fit for our law firm focused on military members and veterans. We are certainly looking for a special person who has a passion for ensuring the defense, advocacy and disability pensions when appropriate, for those associated with the military.
We are growing and could have written a plain ad but we’re unique and we’re looking for a unique person to join our team. We’re a law firm composed of military Veterans who have proudly served our country, who work remotely across the country and our firm is now proud to be of service focused on the support of military veterans and currently serving military service members and law enforcement.
Who are we? Citizen Soldier Law serves all branches of the military and other government organizations. We represent those who are injured in service, often challenging allegations of misconduct, entitled to a military disability pension, and need a medical evaluation board. These clients are entitled to due process and their rights must be safeguarded. We represent our clients in these and other issues that they face.
We seek an Office Manager but our growing team is also searching for an experienced lawyer or paralegal with Judge Advocate experience, and retirees are most welcome, or a Human Resources NCO to assist our team (please spread the word if this ad doesn't fit your needs but you can think of someone else). Our ideal candidate would likely benefit from current Reserve Component or prior service military with at least 3 years of experience and is passionate in supporting our military clients.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage and help grow a legal office, advocacy for those charged with misconduct often focused on the Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) process and developing timelines and identifying other actions necessary
- Managing the entire IDES and legal process from beginning to end for clients
- Establishing and executing the legal strategies and policies necessary to meet our clients’ legal issues
- Managing a client’s case from beginning to end
- Organizing and managing clients’ digital and hardcopy records
Other characteristics of our ideal candidate include:
- Extreme attention to detail
- Has perfectionistic tendencies
- Is assertive when necessary
- Enjoys working independently
- Is self-managing
- Is thorough in making sure every i is dotted and t is crossed
- High ethical standards
- Enjoys working independently with minimal daily supervision
Experience and education:
- 3+ years’ experience current or prior service military
- Bachelor’s degree not necessary
- a plus would be experience providing human resources or legal support to service members
- 3-5 years’ leadership experience leading HR activities in direct support of military service members
- Helpful would be experience with IDES and ability to comprehend military regulations and policy relating to our caseload
Salary commensurate with experience.
If this ad describes you and you’re passionate about serving and defending those who defended America, join us.
To apply for this unique position, please submit a resume detailing your experience as well as a cover letter telling us why you’re the best candidate for this position.
Thomas Roughneen & Associates, Counsellors at Law, LLCWhy Work Here?
We have the greatest clients, who live and serve across the globe and our staff defends and advocates for those who defend our our nation.
244 Green Village RdMadison, NJ
LegalView all jobs at Thomas Roughneen & Associates, Counsellors at Law, LLC