Public Accounting (Audit/Auditor-CPA or Tax-CPA): Staff, Senior, Manager Levels
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Public Accounting (Audit/Auditor-CPA or Tax-CPA): Staff, Senior, Manager Levels, Full-Time Positions
Compensation: Competitive salary + full benefit package (see below for details)
Location: Panama City, FL (in-office)
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA Certification desirable for Staff and Senior levels, but must be CPA eligible
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant for Manager level
- Recent tax or audit experience in public accounting
- Understands the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA, FICPA, and the Florida Board of Accountancy
Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs (THF) is a growing, regional, Top 150 accounting firm that has recently opened an office in Panama City, FL, to serve the Bay and Walton County area. We are seeking professionals at the staff, senior, and manager levels with experience in public accounting to join our team. We also have offices in Tallahassee and Tampa, FL, and in Bainbridge, GA. You would be responsible for a wide array of auditing and tax-related services. You would work with an exceptional team of professionals, receive ongoing training, and work in a technologically advanced office serving a diverse group of clients. We will provide a competitive annual salary based on your relevant experience, and the position comes with a full benefits package (see below for details).
We are specifically looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- Is extremely detail-oriented
- Has effective communication skills
- Is confident with making independent decisions
- Can understand the different business needs for each client
- Is strong at building collaborative relationships where they cultivate trust and respect
- Enjoys working independently as well as in a team environment
- Believes in continuous learning
- Has high integrity and discretion about client information
- Is looking for more than just "another job" and wants to advance their career with a growing CPA firm
If these qualities describe you, please read on!
A little bit about THF: When applying for a new job, we feel that it is important for you to know about the workplace culture. You can read about Who We Are on our website. At THF, our mission is to Make an impact on everything we do, providing the highest level of personal and professional service using seasoned judgement, creativity, and responsiveness. Our teams at THF are very forward-thinking for a firm our size, and we are constantly trying to be innovative and flexible. Even though we have grown to over 140 team members, we try to keep that small, family-oriented feel in the workplace. We believe in improving our local communities, and many of our professionals play active roles in different community projects and non-profit organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA, FICPA, and the Florida Board of Accountancy
- Be knowledgeable of pertinent IRC sections and regulations
- Prepare individual, corporate, and partnership tax returns of varying complexities
- Become proficient in tax research, including knowledge of the reference sources available to the firm
- Possess the skills necessary to develop quality client relationships
- Assume responsibility for the supervision of tax return preparation engagements
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (required)
- Tax or Audit experience in public accounting
- CPA Certification desirable for Staff and Senior Levels, but must be CPA eligible
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant for Manager level
- (1) Staff Level: 0-2 years' recent experience in public accounting
- (2) Senior Level: 3+ years' recent experience in public accounting
- (3) Manager Level, CPA: 5+ years' recent experience in public accounting
- Experience working with corporate, individual, partnership, or fiduciary desired
- Technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants is a plus
- Must have the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Position level may change based on experience
At THF, we understand that highly satisfied employees are key to a thriving business. This is why we offer:
- A competitive annual salary, dependent on your relevant work experience
- A workplace culture that supports collaboration, teamwork, financial stability, and professional growth
- Flexible, full-time hours
- Continuing education
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (firm covers a portion of the cost)
- Dental insurance that is 100% employer-paid
- Optional vision insurance
- Life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance (100% employer paid)
- 401(k) retirement matching (up to 4%) and profit sharing plan
- 15 days per year of PTO (paid time off) or Self-Managed PTO, depending on the position
- Eight (8) paid holidays each year
- Workplace perks like daily selection of coffee and soda
- Bonus paid upon successful completion of the CPA exam
If you think youd be a good fit, wed love to see you apply!
When applying, please upload your resume and a cover letter that includes contact information (email addresses or phone numbers) for three professional references. Note that all communication will be done via email, so be sure to check your inbox and spam folder regularly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are ADA compliant and an E-verify employer. If you prefer to submit your resume by mail, please use the following address: PO Box 14569, Tallahassee, FL 32317.
Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A.
AddressPanama City, FL
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A.