Senior Accountant - Growth Opportunity to Grow!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Accountant (8310) will work closely with management and operations to oversee accounting and related duties across all divisions. The
core role of the Senior Accountant is day-to-day accounting and month-end close are adhered to. Additionally, the Senior Accountant will assist and participate in monthly divisional P&L reviews with each division’s General Manager.
- Ensure month-end revenues and expenses are fully accrued; major vendor statement reviews; billings reviews
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts
- Ensure division level job costing is accurate, with emphasis on materials and labor
Analyze monthly division level P&L statements and identify variances to budget and prior
periods; analyze profitability variances of major projects
Compile and analyze aged accounts receivables; ensure collections risks are identified and followed up on by regional leaders
- Assist in month-end physical inventory and with material costing
Ensure time keeping and payroll processes are functioning smoothly, and that labor is accurately job costed
- Ensure division level adherence to capitalization policies
- Various accounting and financial analytical requests from Company management
- Ensure credit card expenses are job costed and timely entered for month end close
- Review accounts payable weekly to ensure compliance with vendor terms and TRP policies
- Maintain fixed assets ledger
- Assist with annual audit preparations and monthly sales and use tax returns
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5 + years of work experience in accounting
- Experience in construction or general contracting a plus
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and accrual-based accounting. High aptitude for accounting analysis, especially construction job costing and profitability.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of proficiency in QuickBooks Enterprise a plus
Thomas Edwards Group
AddressHaltom City, TX
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Thomas Edwards Group
Get fresh Senior Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.