As the foundation of our Revenue Accounting team, the revenue accounting analyst is responsible for recording and maintaining revenue and related accounts at a large physician practice. They are involved in monthly estimates, forecasts, analysis and annual budget preparation. The positions will be directly involved in improving model performance and accuracy though design input working with Business Analytics, Accounting, Finance and Operations leadership.
- Record monthly revenue using key indicators as provided by the Business Analytics department.
- Validate and challenge past and current revenue projections at payor and site level.
- Work with payer contracting team to analyze impact of new contracts, tax ID consolidations and other changes to specific locations.
- Collaborate with operations teams to understand what impacts revenue and provide indicators of changing revenue markets.
- Contribute to the revenue and business analytics team in developing and improving upon the revenue model.
- Work collaboratively with groups across various geographies and provide value-added analysis to business leaders.
- Develop, validate, challenge and explain key trends, indicators and performance.
- Articulate assumptions, risks, opportunities and variables in the revenue projection at monthly and ad hoc meetings with Accounting, Finance and Operations leadership.
- Communicate techniques, assumptions and models verbally and in written format.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Increases productivity through process improvement (data gathering, models, schedules)
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or another related field. MBA a plus.
- 1-3 years of related experience in finance or accounting.
- Health care industry experience required.
- Strong computer knowledge and skills including Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of revenue recognition in the healthcare industry.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Knowledge of ERP systems and related technologies
- Excellent time management and organizational ability
- Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines