Our large corporate client has an immediate need for both a 3-year accountant and a 5-year manager to join their sharp team. CPA is required, public accounting experience strongly preferred. This role is a blend of G/L accounting and financial reporting.
The purpose of this position is to facilitate timely and accurate reporting of comprehensive financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform review of preliminary balance sheet on the 5th workday to identify issues. Work with various accounting functions to resolve issues to ensure accurate reporting
- Coordinate with various accounting functions to facilitate the preparation of the monthly balance sheet fluctuation analysis (BSR) which is utilized by all levels of management. Prepare the BSR to analyze issues and trends and address and resolve review notes from management review.
- Review the acquisition contracts (single-site and smaller multi-site deals) and other contracts to evaluate the potential accounting impact and identify issues prior to contract signing.
- Perform technical accounting research to address complicated accounting issues related to acquisitions and develop acquisition accounting position memos for single and multiple site acquisitions.
- Perform high level review of the valuation reports for acquisitions prepared by external valuation firm and provide comments and feedback to ensure the accuracy and reasonableness of the reports.
- Perform purchase price allocation of acquisitions with the assistance of the Senior Manager.
- Prepare the monthly acquisitions summary.
- Prepare selected financial statement footnotes and various annual report schedules and disclosures for external reporting
- Coordinate, compile and review the parent company monthly, quarterly and semi-annual reporting package
- Prepare selected sections of the Management Discussion & Analysis which is used in the 10Q and 10K and selected footnote disclosures.
- Prepare detailed audit responses to questions for the external auditors for the quarterly All Hands Meeting.
- Perform account reconciliation reviews and assist in the quality assurance review of account reconciliations.
- Oversee the accounting of the company franchise fee financing program (loan ledger) performed by staff accountants.
- Oversee the accounting of the company long term debt and quarterly debt covenant calculation performed by staff accountants.
- Oversee the company cash receipts functions performed by staff accountants.
- Supervise two staff accountants
- Review company group insurance accruals and monthly true-up performed by staff accountant.
- Review mid-month and EOM company compensation expense forecast prepared by Staff accountant and communicate to Planning.
- Review monthly API and PMI accruals prepared by HR.
- Perform monthly workday 4 P&L flux analysis.
- Perform Goodwill Summary and goodwill write-off calculation on an as needed
- Assist in the development of internal control documentation.
- Researching and understand the most recent pronouncements and guidance related to compliance.
- Perform other special projects as determined by management. These projects will include, but are not limited to, technical research of accounting literature, preparation of special reports and documentation, and investigation into accounting issue.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- CPA required
- 3- 5+ Years, Accounting, including public accounting or a consolidated financial reporting environment.
- Requires a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as they relate to financial reporting to ensure accurate reporting of financial data.
- An understanding in applying acquisition accounting experience (ASC805) is a plus.
- Must be proficient Word and Excel.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Analyze and understand financial statements.
- Understand accounting elimination and consolidation concepts.
- Apply technical literature to various theoretical issues.
- Analyze and research technical accounting literature.
- Knowledge of Oracle General Ledger and related systems is helpful, as is knowledge of accounting research tools.