The Finance Project Manager is responsible for planning, overseeing, and leading projects of the Finance Department on a global basis from ideation through to completion. This role works directly with Finance and IT management as well as IT programmers assigned to the Finance Department to execute finance projects to support the objectives of both company and regional strategic goals. The Finance Project Manager will interact with a range of internal and external stakeholders, most often managing several projects simultaneously.
Receive finance project case initiations and translate them into detailed project proposals.
Coordinate and prioritize global finance projects based upon the needs of both internal and external department stakeholders.
Optimize and improve finance processes and the overall process flow.
Search for potential vendors, propose and design qualification criteria and forms, coordinate system demos, collect and summarize qualification data, and facilitate consensus among stakeholders.
Design and/or review contracts; participate in the project tender process of design, submission and review; oversee all incoming and outgoing project documentation.
Lead project planning sessions and global transformation projects.
Coordinate with staff and internal resources in Finance, IT, Product, Operations, Human Resources and other departments on projects.
Act as a liaison between the Finance department and IT department on complex system support issues.
Coordinate with staff and leadership teams of other company divisions in the US and globally.
Manage project progress and adapt work as required.
Conduct project review and create detailed reports for executive staff.
Ensure projects meet deadlines; terminate projects no longer deemed valid; regularly report the progress of all projects within the Finance Department.
Secure department growth opportunities and initiate new projects.
Manage Finance department internal control documentation.
Perform department-wide internal control functions such as system access review.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, or Business Administration required. Minimum ten years of related experience is required including broad experience in accounting, finance, and information system implementation and support. Prior experience working in a global organization is a must. Five years or more of experience with Oracle software is strongly preferred.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- High level of organizational skills for organizing people, programs, projects, and technology.
- Strong working knowledge of finance business processes including procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, record-to-report, payroll, and other common finance processes.
- Strong working knowledge of complex IT systems and intricacies of business processes.
- Strong working knowledge of the Oracle software utilized by the company a significant plus.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other technical accounting materials. CPA certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) and General computer controls (GCC).
- Business, managerial, leadership and strategic thinking skills for planning and managing department, staff, budgets, projects, etc.
- Strong oral and written communications skills for communicating and building relationships with extensive internal and external contacts.
- Teamwork/collaboration skills to encourage cooperation throughout the organization.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications to include Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, Databases and General Ledger software.
- Ability to work independently
Thomas Edwards Group
Why Work Here?Thomas Edwards Group is a Dallas-based executive search firm specializing in the direct hire and project placement of accounting and financial professionals in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We have been in business for 23 years and are consistently ranked as one of the top contingent fee search firms in Dallas (Dallas Business Journal). We’ve also been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work” numerous times by the Dallas Business Journal. Our business is on the rise and we are looking to add a few top-notch professionals to our growing firm.
Growing company with best year yet!
Fort Worth, TX