Technical Writer - Veterans
- Posted: over a month ago
Our partner is seeking a Technical Writer in Alexandria, VA. We highly encourage veterans with relevant experience to apply to this role.
This role will be key in supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing (HPC) Modernization Program (DoD HPCMP) and Cross Center located in northern Virginia.
You will be responsible for communicating clearly and effectively technical specs and instructions to a wide range of audiences by writing, rewriting and/or editing technical documents such as:
- technical procedure manuals
- user/service manuals
- programming manuals
- operational specifications
- related technical publications.
This role must acquire subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals.
- Bachelor's Degree and 6+ years’ working experience, or equivalent experience; candidates with Armed Forces college courses or Associate Degrees, extensive certification, and additional experience are highly encouraged to apply.
- Must either currently hold, or be able to obtain a secret security clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or current green card holder
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- 2 years’ experience in various HPC systems, various HPC technologies:
- Cray/Cray EX, IBM, SGI, Penguin, or custom architectures
- Linux variants OS
- InfiniBand (IB), Intel Omni-Path interconnects
- Portable Batch System (PBS), Simple Linux Utility for Resource Management (SLURM), or IBM Platform Load Sharing Facility (LSF) schedulers
- Intel Xeon, AMD EPYC, or ARM CPUs
- Nvidia graphic processing units (GPU)s
- ITIL Foundation
- 8570.01M/ IAT-II
EducationView all jobs at ThisWay
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?