Systems Specialist - Hardware/Software, Electromechanical Systems
- Expired: August 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our partner is looking for a Systems Specialist for digital microprocessor controlled electromechanical systems in Dulles, VA.
Responsible for building and testing systems, sub-assemblies or prototypes of new products. Duties require a high degree of accuracy in fitting and adjusting material to meet exacting specifications, perform operations required to position, attach, solder and assemble components in the location and sequence shown on drawings. Conduct tests on complete units following prescribed procedures. Ensure manufacturing and quality processes are delivered and conform to company quality standards. Provide engineering support for the planning and implementation of specialized manufacturing projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Perform alignment (setup) procedures per quality assurance specifications.
- Recommend and/or design test equipment to increase accuracy and throughput of production material.
- Use work instructions, assembly documents and bills of material to aid in assembly and repair of machines.
- Test and ensure all production line machines are operating prior to transportation to quality assurance.
- Instruct others in use of tools, fixture and assembly procedures.
- Provide technical and administrative support to other manufacturing assembler personnel.
- Participate in manufacturing design review meetings.
- Review new and revised designs for manufacturing feasibility.
- Recommend improvements that increase product uniformity and reliability, thus reducing field failures and complaints.
- Set up work centers for assembly including work instructions, tools, fixtures and orderly arrangement of raw materials
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Associate degree in engineering or related technical field with four (4) - five (5) years of related work experience or equivalents combination of education and experience.
- Experience with digital microprocessor controlled electromechanical systems.
- Experience with computer assisted trouble/help desk database systems.
- Experience with software integration.
- Utilizes sound judgement in dealing with business information.
- Familiarity with use of most diagnostic test equipment.
- Working knowledge of the electromechanical metric measurement system. Knowledge of stepper motors, stepper motor controllers, pneumatic cylinders, actuators and solenoid air valves, rollers, belt drive and belt transport systems.
- Firm understanding of electronic principles, familiarity with oscilloscopes, multimeters, temperature and speed probes. Knowledge of photo detectors, proximity switches, position sensors, DC & AC power distribution, motor controls, microprocessor I/O circuitry (parallel and serial I/O); optocouplers, DC driver circuits, fiberoptics, document scanning devices.
- Establishes and displays excellent work habits including, but not limited to, attendance, dress, information generation and company asset usage.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Management of resources, projects and priorities for self and others in a constantly changing environment.
- Trustworthy and credible.
- Ability to make recommendations for continuous quality improvements in all areas of accountability.
- Flexibility to work long hours as necessary.
- Must have good interpersonal skills
TechnologyView all jobs at ThisWay
Get fresh Control Systems Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.