IT Systems Administrator
- Expired: March 25, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our partner is looking for an IT Systems Administrator in Washington, DC.
The IT Systems Administrator will assist in the management and administration of the organization's IT systems, cloud platforms and services, and office networks; provide technical support to program and operations staff; and help monitor and maintain information security and data protection systems. This position can be based in Washington, D.C., office or New York, though significant remote work is possible, and report to the IT Manager, who is based in a Berlin office.
- Install, support, and troubleshoot hardware and operating system software on Mac, Windows, and Linux systems, remotely and in-person
- Provide help desk tech support to staff via email, phone, in-person assistance, and remote management tools
- Provide problem-solving assistance on specialty end-use software applications and serve as a general source of expertise on information technologies
- Help manage and administer cloud environment, including Office 365 and Azure
- Onboard and off-board staff
- Perform routine hardware, software, and network maintenance
- Support video conferencing hardware and virtual meeting platforms
- Provide user support and systems administration for data backup systems
- Maintain an inventory of organizational IT assets, manage software licensing, and coordinate procurement
- Provide training as needed to staff on information security, data protection and privacy, software tools, and general IT skills
- Assist in the identification and evaluation of new hardware and software systems and their integration into the existing IT environment
- Maintain an awareness of major developments in the information technology industry, and share relevant knowledge with IT and data management teams and other staff
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field required.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical support role
- Cross-platform OS knowledge (Mac OS X, Windows (Server/Desktop), Linux)
- Experience in troubleshooting network problems and evaluating network design as it pertains to systems
- Advanced knowledge of database administration and maintenance
- Significant knowledge of information security principles, strategies, and best practices (CompTIA Security+)
- Experience administering and supporting MS Office 365 and Exchange
- Excellent analytical skills and a track record of trouble-shooting and solving problems
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize among numerous ongoing projects
- Good understanding of data protection laws and practices
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts
- Knowledge of secure identity management and mobility concepts
- Experience with Mac and Windows device management solutions (JAMF, Intune)
- IT Support Professional Certificates a plus
Offer an excellent benefits package, including-
- Health insurance
- Substantial paid vacation
- Hybrid/remote work flexibilities
- Retirement contribution with generous 7% employer contribution
- Transportation subsidies
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
TechnologyView all jobs at ThisWay
Get fresh System Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.