- Posted: over a month ago
Mission and Summary
The Mission of Planning at Thinkwell is to create functional, innovative, flexible tools in collaboration with the design team, which clearly express the development and foundation of the guest experience.
A Master Planner is responsible for being a lead member of the project team in regards to planning and the documentation, organization, graphic representation, and presentation of assets for the project that relate to inventory and analysis, programming and throughput development, initial site organization and design, illustrative and communicative graphics and tools for the project.
Functions and Responsibilities
A Master Planner is part of the project design team, collaborating closely with the creative and art directors to ensure a robust, operationally sound guest experience, and leads the work related to the physical layout and flow of all elements of the site. They have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Act as Lead Planner with minimal supervision and direction, with the ability to coordinate and communicate with the project team and any supporting Associate Planners.
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate with management on the project and general planning demands.
- Responsible for time management, workflow, supervision of others' work, as well as standard of quality.
- Provide design oversight and input to the team regarding planning and site design at all project phases.
- Ability to define and analyze the project framework within which the project team works.
- Ability to make intuitive and creative design decisions with minimal direction
- Ability to present and participate in client-facing meetings and design charrettes
- Ability to organize, produce and present high-quality design and documentation
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Demonstrate strong organization and communication ability with various disciplines/consultants
- Travel for client presentations and site visits
Knowledge and Skills
A Master Planner should have the educational background and experience to have a detailed understanding of a variety of site organization principles, strategies, and concepts. They should have experience leading and working within a creative team environment and working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong team and personal skills as they apply to team communication and collaboration
- Strong experience using AutoCAD & Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using Sketchup or other 3D model programs
- Strong organizational and communication abilities
- Intuitive and creative with minimal supervision and direction
- Able to inform project teams and execute daily project requirements.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 6 to10+ years of work experience in themed entertainment or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Architecture or a related major
- Field experience or construction process experience, (having taken a significant project or portfolio of projects from documentation to construction, or equivalent and applicable experience)
Thinkwell is a full-service design firm specializing in the master planning and creation of large-scale destination resorts, theme parks, museums/exhibits, live shows, attractions, and other unique experiences. Thinkwell's innovative approach to concept development, experience design, project management, media, interactive design, and production comes from over two decades of creating engaging experiences and unique storytelling environments for clients worldwide. Thinkwell believes in original solutions, not off-the-shelf ideas.
Thinkwell's greatest resource is our people - and our diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and talents strengthens our ability to deliver exceptional work for our broad range of clients and end-users. We believe in an open and collaborative environment, and our office is door free! We know great ideas come from everywhere; so we strive to create a climate where voices are heard and a habitat in which they can grow. Working for Thinkwell should be as great an experience itself as the experiences we create for our clients and their guests.
Equal Opportunity Employment: Thinkwell is an equal employment opportunity employer. Thinkwell prohibits discrimination based on race, color, age (over 40), gender (including gender identity, gender expression, and an individual who is transitioning or has transitioned), sexual orientation, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship,
religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), marital status, registered domestic partner status, military, and veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. It also includes the perception that anyone may have any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. Thinkwell also promotes and supports wage equality based on gender, race, ethnicity, and all other protected characteristics. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, discipline, layoff, recall, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment. Thinkwell will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. In accordance with applicable state and federal law, Thinkwell will attempt to reasonably accommodate qualified applicants and individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would create an undue hardship. Any qualified applicant or employee with a disability who requires accommodation to apply for a job or perform the essential functions of the job should contact Thinkwell Group's Human Resources Department and request accommodation. Thinkwell will engage in an interactive dialogue with the applicant or employee to determine whether reasonable accommodations that will not result in undue hardship to the Company can be made.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Thinkwell Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?