Join the company that has rave reviews from Apple, The NY Times, NBC, FOX, CBS, ABC, Fast Company & many Others.
You will be part of an exciting and fast-growing team as an online/digital math tutor with Thinkster Math. Our team consists of skilled, motivated, and highly passionate math tutors from around the world.
Our tutors utilize technology, data, and AI-enabled insights to deliver incredible student learning outcomes.
Who is this job for?
This is for anyone, seeking a math tutor position from anywhere in the continental U.S.
Are you a certified teacher or math tutor and have always wanted to open a franchise or tutoring center of your own but never went to go about the complicated process? Do you currently teach Math somewhere and are looking for an additional income? Do you have a teaching degree, yet not teaching in a classroom environment?
Thinkster Math is an educational technology company. We believe that passionate and capable teachers and tutors should not be limited to helping 20 or so students in a classroom but be able to reach out and help many more. We are looking for Math teachers and tutors who are looking for part-time positions and enjoy working from home.
Note: If you are a resident of New Jersey - You may be eligible to become part of our "full-time" team if you can work a minimum of 35 hours/week. This will give you health insurance benefits as well. Please indicate as such in your application to us.
To create an Uber-like business model for teachers and tutors who want to help students. Thinkster spends marketing dollars to acquire customers and the tutors’ job is to manage and retain the students. By providing tutors with a structured curriculum, insightful data on how students learn and a CRM system to manage your classroom we have created a system where motivated tutors are able to handle a large number of students ( dependent on your time commitment ). We automate most repetitive and administrative work that tutors typically need to do and leave the analytical and communication part of the job to teachers.
We have thousands of customers over 30 different countries and we have grown in the past 7 years.
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive pay
- Ability to work from home 100% of the time
- Professional work experience
- Creative freedom
- Great culture
- Provide daily grading for on worksheets submitted by students ( can be done any time of the day)
- Teacher assigns work to students once every two weeks to once a month depending on student study plan, how much work they do (can be done any time of the day)
- Conduct live one-on-one tutoring sessions with certain students (evenings, after school hours, weekends - all prescheduled with parents)
- Do phone calls/ conference calls with parents ( can be set up between 12 pm - 10 pm EST, prescheduled with parents)
- Send Weekly Reports and Progress Reports to keep parents updated on Student work
- Attend to email communications with parents, answering questions regarding progress/ assignments/ school work help, etc
- Attend all tutor meetings
- Keep up with all changes implemented in processes, operations, content and communication with parents
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience in elementary/ middle or high school.
- Strong Math skills and confidence in providing solutions to Math problems.
- Strong communication skills to share insights into why students make errors.
- Awareness of the Common Core and Curriculum across the US
- Confident in using and learning new Technology
- Excellent Communication skills with Parents and Students
- Ability to handle process change and work in an adaptive environment
- Ability to teach the subject matter as well as assessing the student's knowledge and skills on an ongoing basis
- Proven track record of dependability and professionalism
- Good interpersonal and rapport building skills
Other Requirements to Know about before Committing to Training
- You must own an iPad generation 5 or newer model and a laptop
- You must be very comfortable and confident about working with Technology
- You are looking for this job as a long term option
- You will need to decide the hours you are willing to work prior to signing the contract with us
Training Timeline and Requirements
- Total training time is about 10 hours from beginning to the end. The training is split into various phases and takes about 2 - 3 weeks. This includes live sessions and independent assignments/exercises that candidates have to complete
- Live Training Sessions are conducted on Skype and are prescheduled between candidates and our Director of Academics.