Employment Status: Direct Hire
Supervisor: HVAC Controls Service Manager
Purpose of Role: As a leader in the design and installation of HVAC Systems, our client is seeking qualified and motivated DDC field technicians to support immediate growth and expansion in St. Louis Metro Area. All full-time employees are provided a comprehensive package of salary and benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities: The duties of the position include the programming, start-up and commissioning of newly installed building automation systems, Test and Balance (TAB) contractor support, and operator/customer training. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing a variety of duties that will include but not be limited to the following:
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing of building automation systems.
- Perform DDC controls troubleshooting and optimization of systems and ensuring documentation is accurate, complete and timely.
- Perform software only and software/hardware upgrades to building automation systems.
- Preventive maintenance tasking (database back-ups, control system analysis, network analysis, equipment controls performance testing, customer training).
- Execute service quoted projects.
- Troubleshoot DDC control and mechanical systems.
- Consistent and clear communication with customers.
- Ensure timely, effective and complete execution of work performed.
- Resolve customer complaints/concerns in a timely, effective and professional manner.
- 2-5 years’ experience performing startup and commissioning of Building Automation Systems.
- Competency in the functionality of Building Automation Systems, including software, engineering and commissioning tools, DDC controllers and field devices.
- BACnet and/or LonWorks protocol fundamentals.
- Niagara AX and/or Niagara 4 experience. Possessing a Niagara AX and/or Niagara 4 certification is a plus.
- Strong computer skills; including computer networking fundamentals.
- Ability to read low voltage electrical wiring diagrams.
- Proficiency with test instruments and calibration tools.
- Ability to understand control wiring diagrams.
- Understanding of the HVAC system functions and applications. This includes the ability to understand written sequences of operation.
- Previous experience working with Johnson Controls and/or Distech Controls is a plus.
Basic Requirements: The HVAC Control Systems CAD Operator/Drafter will bring to the table the following qualities:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software and strong PC skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Company Benefit Package Includes the Following:
- Health / Dental / Vision
- Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Company Vehicle
- Company Issued Cell Phone
- Company Issued Laptop Computer
Interested in the tremendous opportunity, please contact me directly.
Bill Glose, Practice Leader
Mechanical Construction & Manufacturing